Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I already posted his efficiency rating and an article abiut the last 5 minutes. Hes combines for more points/assists, rebounds, steals and blocks than any other player. Thats not good enough for some. In fact i get the feeling many would hold him higher if he he dramatically fell off in the 4th like they claim but made the final shot. Not sure why that ways so heavy for some. An unselfish player that does right by the tram... What a horrible thing.
    Some just want to see him fail, not unlike Tiger Woods in a sense. Everyone watches because they recognize a very special talent OR because they really want him to fail. Either way they watch

One hour and counting

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: NBA playoffs

I had a guy actually try to tell me that Kobe was better than LeBron right now.

I told him if LeBron and Kobe switched spots than the Lakers would be in the finals right now and the Heat would be out of the playoffs.

He thinks I don't actually believe that.

Blog Entries
    Bird man suspended for the game...BS. At least they're extending the series for more commercials and $$$$$$$

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He has a higher shooting percentage in his career in the final 5 minutes than Kobe and many others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It depends on what you define "clutch". For me, making a left handed lay up to win game 1 is not clutch.

Coming back to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Bird man suspended for the game...BS. At least they're extending the series for more commercials and $$$$$$$
    No way, dude should have been straight ejected last game. This is merely consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    It depends on what you define "clutch". For me, making a left handed lay up to win game 1 is not clutch.
    Clutch is defined for those studies by being within 5 points with 4 or 5 minutes to go.

There is literally no stat, no fact that supports any "he's not that clutch" argument.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I had a guy actually try to tell me that Kobe was better than LeBron right now.

I told him if LeBron and Kobe switched spots than the Lakers would be in the finals right now and the Heat would be out of the playoffs.

He thinks I don't actually believe that.
    Well, I think you are absolutely wrong on the switching thing. It wouldn't matter which player switched with Kobe - the Lakers were such a hot mess that they weren't going anywhere. LeBron, as good as he is, couldn't have saved LA this season.

Clutch is defined for those studies by being within 5 points with 4 or 5 minutes to go.

There is literally no stat, no fact that supports any "he's not that clutch" argument.

One possession at the end of the game. I'd take Kobe. Would I take Kobe over LeBron in a full game no

X factor in game 7 is Stephenson and hill; stephenson more so. Past them all they have is Augistin off the bench. But if they get decent production theyll win I think

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    One possession at the end of the game. I'd take Kobe. Would I take Kobe over LeBron in a full game no
    Ok.

Still doesnt mean Lebron isnt clutch.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Ok.

Still doesnt mean Lebron isnt clutch.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Lebron has two things going against him causing this perception. 1. The finals losses. Which people will forget about only when he wins multiple titles and 2. He has no defining plays. He doesn't have the shot or the flu game. People need to see the series clinching buzzer beater or they'll never give him respect.

That being said, I'm starting to get annoyed with his antics. The flopping is absolutely ridiculous and what was up with his technical in the 4th there? Crybaby move