Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He can score at will but chooses to be unselfish which is better for the team. LBJ haters seem to always point out that he doesnt score as much as kobe, jordan or whoever. My thought is always, "he doesnt have to" yet hes still is nipping at their heals. When he decides he needs to, he can outscore anybody, in some cases entire teams. I never understood the argument that Kobe was better simply by taking more shots, shooting lower percentages, less in every other stat but scoring a point or two more a game. Even Jordan that same argument can be had. he shot similar% and had some crazy years (35, 37 ppg etc) but ended up a 30ppg, which LBJ is right behind at 28. scary thing is... he keeps getting better.
    I see his defense and passing as the thing that's still getting better. The one area he still needs to improve on... or get back, is ball-handling. He's been dribbling the ball VERY high (and when you're 6'8" it's easy for someone to get a had on) and tends to get a little wild with it. He's the best player right now hands down, but he's got get that back under control.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I see his defense and passing as the thing that's still getting better. The one area he still needs to improve on... or get back, is ball-handling. He's been dribbling the ball VERY high (and when you're 6'8" it's easy for someone to get a had on) and tends to get a little wild with it. He's the best player right now hands down, but he's got get that back under control.
    hes getting more efficient across the board. His FG% continues to grow and is 56-57%. all while playing less minutes. I see the dribbling issue you do once in awhile. I guess thats something to improve, but honestly theres not another 6'8"+ guy that can handle the ball like he does as it is, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Si has a great article this week "The Unique Ubiquity of Lebron James' and it profiles his play at every position. Something not many players do.

"Among the players who average fewer points per possession on jumpers than James: Durant, Anthony, Bryant and Harden"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I see your point but to take the ball you've got to be quick enough to steal it (and LeBron is lightning quick to the point where he could cross anyone and drive to the basket) and have the courage or this 265lb monster will knock you on your ass and blow right by you.

As for his selfishness or lack thereof, he's not Kobe or Jordan who are such assholes that they could care less if they jacked up shot after shot because its always been about them(and yes they delivered but at what cost to their teammates). Jordan though to his credit realized that he needed certain players to deliver and would set them up for success. Kobe could care less.

I would have liked to see Hibbert play in the era of the great centers, but yeah LBJ is in that Jordan and Kobe rare air to take over a game. That being said, I don't really care for the NBA. It's just something to watch like baseball, hockey, and soccer until football (any level) returns.

Lol, this thread turned into a LeBron lovefest because the Heat won last night. I hope the Pacers don't win the next game, the tone around here is going to be unrecognizable. ;)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Lol, this thread turned into a LeBron lovefest because the Heat won last night. I hope the Pacers don't win the next game, the tone around here is going to be unrecognizable. ;)
    Everybody doesn't hate Lebron. Winning changes many peoples perception...same thing happened with Kobe.

Personally though, I hate Georgetown so Im no fan of Hibbert and I've hated the Pacers ever since they Reggie Miller was his insufferable there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Phil Jackson was interview by the Junkies yesterday. He talked about the LBJ, Kobe, Jordan debate.

The man with 11 rings doesn't think LBJ has surpassed Kobe yet, let alone deserve to be in the same discussion as Jordan.

Granted, he's biased but still. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Phil Jackson was interview by the Junkies yesterday. He talked about the LBJ, Kobe, Jordan debate.

The man with 11 rings doesn't think LBJ has surpassed Kobe yet, let alone deserve to be in the same discussion as Jordan.

Id have loved to see how many championships Lebron would have won with Shaq in his prime.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Everybody doesn't hate Lebron. Winning changes many peoples perception...same thing happened with Kobe.

Personally though, I hate Georgetown so Im no fan of Hibbert and I've hated the Pacers ever since they Reggie Miller was his insufferable there.

I liked Georgetown when I was younger, I'm indifferent to them now. Hibbert I could take or leave, as someone else said before I would have liked to see him when he wasn't virtually the only big guy in the league. I don't like Indiana cause I can't stand David West, his fake tough guy act and that scowl after every play good or bad is soooooooo annoying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Hes biased as can be seeing as his legacy is directly attached with the other two in the conversation. If he had James hed be singing a different tune.

LBJ took Mike Brown to the finals on a bad Cavs team. Kobe on an All star filled team got him fired in 71. The debate should end with that alone before ever looking at their individual play.
    -JAB

Hes biased as can be seeing as his legacy is directly attached with the other two in the conversation. If he had James hed be singing a different tune.
    Perhaps ...

LBJ took Mike Brown to the finals on a bad Cavs team. Kobe on an All star filled team got him fired in 71. The debate should end with that alone before ever looking at their individual play.
    Plenty of teams have gone to the finals and lost on the backs of one good player. That's a non-starter.

If you want to look any one particular stat point as to what brings (or removes) someone to the table how this ... did Jordan or Kobe ever foul out of a playoff game? Did Jordan or Kobe ever commit two back to back turnovers to lose a playoff game?

LBJ, most likely, will be in the discussion one day, but he still has a way to go. I will even concede he may be GOAT one day.

If his career ended today, he's not even better than Tim Duncan. He'd be remembered as an almost.