Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    Yeah its not like Bron would have been hated if he just stayed in Cleveland. His choice, he deserves the consequence. It seems to me alot of people have come around on the Heat though, though I do not like them, I respect them.
    Why does he deserve to be hated because he chose to leave Cleveland?

Really? I think they need a legit post threat, which Bosh isn't.
    He isn't because Miami has taken that out of his game.

No he isn't and never has been a power guy, but you can work out of the post with footwork and quickness which he has and he did so in Toronto.

Miami has reduced him into a jump shooter in their attempt to remove as many of their players from the paint on offense in order to give Lebron and Wade as much driving space as possible. Hell, they tried to even turn Bosh into a threat from 3 with miserable results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I think most hate him from the decision TV show and the total lack of self awareness with the "not 1, not 2, not 3 etc" celebration talk.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think most hate him from the decision TV show and the total lack of self awareness with the "not 1, not 2, not 3 etc" celebration talk.

Where are the people that hate Tony Parker because he cheated on his wife with one of his teammates wives?

Priorities.

Where are the people that hate Tony Parker because he cheated on his wife with one of his teammates wives?

Priorities.
    I think most people don't care all that much about off the field/court stuff as much as things that happen on the court/field unless it's perceived to be really egregious.

This is going to sound horrible, but I don't think a cheating athlete rings much of a bell these days with people...many almost expect it.

Priorities.
    Because if people hated on athletes that were cheating, we would be hating on 75% of them.

It's the way he left Cleveland. He wouldn't be hated nearly as much if he left the way that 99% of free agents do. That whole decision thing was embarrassing and stupid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    It's the way he left Cleveland. He wouldn't be hated nearly as much if he left the way that 99% of free agents do. That whole decision thing was embarrassing and stupid.

You know what else is stupid? A network televised it... AND people watched.

I have a real hard time knocking a guy (then kid) for being built up by the very people who are chomping at bit to tear him down.

He was built up so much at such a young age he bought it in to it and did something stupid with "the decision". I thought it was stupid then and now, but he least he gave the proceeds (or at least most) to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You know what else is stupid? A network televised it... AND people watched.

I have a real hard time knocking a guy (then kid) for being built up by the very people who are chomping at bit to tear him down.

He was built up so much at such a young age he bought it in to it and did something stupid with "the decision". I thought it was stupid then and now, but he least he gave the proceeds (or at least most) to charity.
    And he left Cleveland to essentially "buy" rings by teaming up with a superstar cast, D Wade already had a ring. I think people would be very appreciative of LeBron if he had these results in Cleveland.

Blog Entries
    I hope the heat win it. I'm not a nba fan I just enjoy seeing people whine about Lebron. I think it's ridiculous. The guy is obviously a incredible player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

And when Jordan retired it was huge and when unretired it was huge and when he retired it was huge and when he came back with the Wizards it was huge...

Best player in the league gets unparalleled coverage. Hell i feel like Kobe switching numbers got just as much press as his rape case. Not everyday the best player in the league leaves in his prime to go play elsewhere, but then again the best player in the league has luckily not been playing for a small market team either.

The special i was pretty apathetic about. I knew it was the biggest news story at the time, and he used it to help some kids out. People seem to forget about that and just make it about him.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

And he left Cleveland to essentially "buy" rings by teaming up with a superstar cast, D Wade already had a ring. I think people would be very appreciative of LeBron if he had these results in Cleveland.
    So anytime a guy goes to a team with good players to win championships he's buying rings?