Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    IMHO, he kind of wasted a lot of his talents due to his acknowledged lack of conditioning and aversion to practice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yep. No doubt about it. That drive to be great and put in the work to be great is what really separates the Lebrons and Kobes from just great players.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Gary Neals a local dude, good to see him killing it.

And as I type that, the Spurs with another 3!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'd make he starts sans Wade stay out there for the entire 4th like Van Gundy said to make them own this.

It's San Antonio's night as shown by all these 3's, but there was a clear lack of effort tonight by Miami tonight.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Now we get to see how Miami responds. Can't wait til Thursday.

Wow, the Spurs just obliterated the Heat. I was of the mindset that Miami just couldn't be beat in a 7 game series, but I have to rethink it now.

This has been worse than the 2011 finals IMHO. At least he shot somewhat close to 50% then.

It's funny how he said that nobody can force him to do what he doesn't want to do now that he is "50" times the player he was in 2007.

Pop has done exactly that and you can tell by him hesitating when Leonard and Green sag down at the free throw line absolutely daring him to shoot jumpers.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I said it before that the only advantage the Spurs have in this series is coaching. Miami has to find a way to get Lebron the ball in position to score. And how in the hell do you give up 51 points to Neal and Green?

Blog Entries

This has been worse than the 2011 finals IMHO. At least he shot somewhat close to 50% then.

It's funny how he said that nobody can force him to do what he doesn't want to do now that he is "50" times the player he was in 2007.

Pop has done exactly that and you can tell by him hesitating when Leonard and Green sag down at the free throw line absolutely daring him to shoot jumpers.

Which is not his game.

I maybe in the minority hear but that game was annoying on the Spurs part. I don't fault them at all for throwing up 3'd, especially while your hot but damn, from a fans perspective play some damn ball. Reminds of watching Duke, stand at the 3 point line and wait for a kick out.

Lebron is going to get deservedly roasted for the next 2 days.

You can't count on Mario Chalmers bailing you out on the road.

That " I'm going to get it to my guys" stuff isn't going to fly on the road.

I said it after the last game, Miami won game 2 because of the role players shooting well but they weren't going to do that on the road as role players don't travel well and I expected San Antonio's role players to play better (not quite like this obviously though). That's exactly what happened...Green and Neal played the games of their lives and Lebron tried to rely on the role players again and they predictably failed on the road.

Miami's big 3 and Lebron in particular HAS to score...not pass...score over the next couple of games.

Blog Entries

I said it after the last game, Miami won game 2 because of the role players shooting well but they weren't going to do that on the road as role players don't travel well and I expected San Antonio's role players to play better (not quite like this obviously though). That's exactly what happened...Green and Neal played the games of their lives and Lebron tried to rely on the role players again and they predictably failed on the road.

Miami's big 3 and Lebron in particular HAS to score...not pass...score over the next couple of games.

Did you also notice that not only was he passing all the time, but he was passing up open 3's for open 19ft jump shots.

This is 2011 all over again, and IMO series over. Spurs in 6, maybe 5. Good thing that guy didn't take my bet on that.

Blog Entries

Well hopefully it will light a fire under him. Next game he might get 50. But a four time league MVP shouldn't need extra motivation in the Finals.

Blog Entries

I think Stephen A said it best.