Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Which is not his game.
    Lebron CAN hit those jumpers...he's just mentally fucked up right now and you can see him hesitating on those wide open shots. I mean the guy shot 40 from 3, and was close to 50% from the range of the jumpers San Antonio is giving him. Clear your head, don't let missing fuck up your entire game and step up and make take the shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: NBA playoffs

Did you also notice that not only was he passing all the time, but he was passing up open 3's for open 19ft jump shots.

This is 2011 all over again, and IMO series over. Spurs in 6, maybe 5. Good thing that guy didn't take my bet on that.
    Not to speak to soon but good thing I did

I have a friend who called the Heat in a potential sweep. I basically called him a dumbass, because the Heat barely held their own against the Pacers, a team much less talented, cohesive, and full of championship intangibles than the Spurs. ... It's probably time to start trolling him.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Did you also notice that not only was he passing all the time, but he was passing up open 3's for open 19ft jump shots.

Yup.

He's obviously thinking way too much.

Spo has an easy adjustment here IMHO.

If Lebron is going to brick long 2's all series, put his ass in the post all game long.

It's a joke that Miami isn't running a lot more of its offense from the post with Lebron...one of 3 things is generally going to happen...he's going to get a good shot whether it goes in or not is better than a long 2, he is a hell of a passer out out the post so someone else would get a good shot, or he'll get to the line. I don't know if its Spo not calling for it or if Lebron just is choosing not to, but it's going to kill them if they don't make adjustments.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I have a friend who called the Heat in a potential sweep. I basically called him a dumbass, because the Heat barely held their own against the Pacers, a team much less talented, cohesive, and full of championship intangibles than the Spurs. ... It's probably time to start trolling him.

Lol, don't do it. Miami fans are being talked down off of ledges as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Sweep?

Lol...he deserves to get trolled.

Blog Entries

Lebron just said in the post game interview that he was putting this all on him. That he has to do better and that he will. I predict he goes off in game 4 and the Heat win a close one. On another note, Phil Jackson was a master at using ball and player movement to free up scoring opportunities. Either Spostra needs to start coaching this or the players need to start executing.

I think Stephen A said it best.

Never get tired of watching this. Cried laughing the first time I saw this last year

Blog Entries

2 out of 3 they had a stagnant horrible offense. Spo needs to step up just as much as the team.

LBJ had a bad game but so did the entire heat.
    I expect them to bounce back.

I believe.the heats big 3 actually outplayed the spurs. If it wasnt for neal and green going off that could have been a different game. Role players still key to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Lebron just said in the post game interview that he was putting this all on him. That he has to do better and that he will. I predict he goes off in game 4 and the Heat win a close one. On another note, Phil Jackson was a master at using ball and player movement to free up scoring opportunities. Either Spostra needs to start coaching this or the players need to start executing.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 06-12-2013 at 05:55 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It happens... but Lebron had a really bad game. The Spurs frustrated Miami all night and Green was killin' em. Parker may be done.

Will be tough for them to win the series now, based on history. But I do expect the video game Lebron in Game 4

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

From everything I've read, Parker will be fine.

Lebron simply needs to relax and get out of his own head and make a solid percentage of those jumpers. But I don't think he will. He is not just unique as a great player, but he is unique as being someone who is not strong mentally. This is the second time in 3 years he's had a breakdown in the finals...last year appears to be the anomoly and he lucked out facing what I think is a clueless coach in Scott Brooks who never made any defensive adjustments all series long.

All in all though, this has been a bizzare finals. None of the big 3 for either team is really playing at a high level, nobody on either team is even averaging 20 points and if the series ended last night, your MVP is probably Danny Green.

I don't think the Spurs will ever trail in this series though.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 06-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah odd finals dominated by backups. Lebron is a lot like Magic who also lost his share of finals. You can say that about every NBA great not named Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!