Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

The Chosen One

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't hate LeBron James. I don't hate anybody. From a fan perspective, I do dislike him, yet feel sorry for him at the same time.

It wasn't his fault that he came into the league deemed the "Chosen One", with the nickname of "King James". However, I feel like he could have done a lot more to downplay the hype and stay focused. I feel like he played into the hype too much and once he did that, he was somewhat responsible for the ridicule that would follow if he didn't live up to the hype.

Truth be told, he didn't have much to work with in Cleveland and Mike Brown wasn't going to outcoach anybody in the playoffs, when it mattered the most.

There was some information that came out about how the Cavaliers' owner gave James too much stroke behind the scenes, and an arrogance grew. Danny Ainge went to the owner and suggested that James be toned down behind the scenes, to keep this from getting out of hand. The owner didn't listen.

Meanwhile, in public, James continued to do very little to downplay the hype. So, I couldn't really feel sorry for the heat he took early in his career, even though he was really a one man show.

Then, the Delonte West incident happened and that is where I feel sorry for him. No man should have to go through that, period, and for him to have to deal with that, surrounded by celebrity, was truly wrong. I can understand why he played the way he played in his final series as a Cavalier, against Boston. That shit would fuck with anybody's head.

Now, LeBron could have simply had West sent packing. Plus, Chris Paul apparently was willing to join James in Cleveland (A better fit for him, in my opinion), with Byron Scott possibly joining as the new coach.

James choose to leave. I could never see myself wanting to leave my hometown team, but I really can't knock James for his decision to leave. It's more so the way it was done. When Bosh and Wade decided to unite in Miami, you saw a little scroll at the bottom of the screen and you later saw a cam of the two together, doing a brief Q and A.

This cat James, decides to then announce, that he'll make his actual announcement about what team he'll join, the following night, and actually has the nerve to use charity as a crutch, with the proceeds and carrying on.

To do that to your hometown team, no less, man....then the announcement itself. "taking my talents to South Beach" "This isn't going to be a team that is satisfied with just making the playoffs"

If that is the type of team Cleveland was, it's only an indictment of him as the leader of that team.

Now, Cleveland's owner was far from better with his reaction to the decision, and struck particularly low when he put a picture of Delonte West on the team's website that night.

He could have stayed in Cleveland and been joined by Paul. He could have went to Chicago and joined Boozer and Rose. He chose Miami and there was a back target that came with it.

Then, the freaking rock star concert to introduce themselves. It's like all three of them were uncomfortable about the situation until they all got together in Miami and it was like, "Yeah, we planned it, we set it up all along, and now we're going to take over the league".

"Not five, not six, not seven" pfft.

Then the Dirk sick incident. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, happens in every locker room of every sport. However, that doesn't mean you can't get your chops busted for getting caught mocking him, them getting beat in six, with the deciding game on your home floor.

Kobe is 5-1 in Finals
    Jordan was 6-0

They can do it.

James is knocking on the door of 1-3.
    Lol...Chris Paul was not going to Cleveland lol.

I don't feel sorry for the man, there is a bed to lie in with what everybody...everybody except him, Jim Gray, and Mav Carter knew was just a horrible idea from the jump.

The celebration statements too showed a total lack of self awareness.

There is a bed he made that he has to lie in, no doubt. And those are valid reasons for dislike.

All the "other" stuff however is just noise to me though, and the reason for that is hat he was well liked before then...the same personality, the same antics with the refs, the same traveling, the same, if not more media adulation...and most people either liked him or were indifferent. Many were fully prepared during the middle of his last season in Cleveland for him to leave as well while his popularity was sky high.

That's why I don't take that other stuff seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Kobe is 5-1 in Finals
    Jordan was 6-0
    Actually Kobe lost two finals...versus Detroit and versus Boston. Not that I think it makes any difference. To punish people for getting to a finals and losing is ridiculous - would you rather them not make it that far at all? Wilt lost time and again in the finals...Jerry West lost every finals he ever played in except one...Bird lost in multiple finals...Magic Johnson not only lost finals but played so badly in one that he was called "Tragic" Johnson for an entire year. All of those players are amongst the top 10-12 greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. And so is LeBron James.

Blog Entries
    Hoping they start Birdman. Matchups be damned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Also what is up with this notion that Chris Paul ever wanted to go to Cleveland? I've followed the NBA extremely closely over the years and have never heard that rumor. The same Chris Paul that only wanted to play for a big market and forced his way to Los Angeles wanted to play in Cleveland? The same Paul who sources say has not interest in going to Atlanta this summer because he thinks that market is too small wanted to play in Cleveland? Nobody ever wanted to play in Cleveland (just look at their free agent history) - least of all Chris Paul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    Actually Kobe lost two finals...versus Detroit and versus Boston. Not that I think it makes any difference. To punish people for getting to a finals and losing is ridiculous - would you rather them not make it that far at all? Wilt lost time and again in the finals...Jerry West lost every finals he ever played in except one...Bird lost in multiple finals...Magic Johnson not only lost finals but played so badly in one that he was called "Tragic" Johnson for an entire year. All of those players are amongst the top 10-12 greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. And so is LeBron James.
    Thank you for the correction about Kobe's Finals record.

What's I'm saying is that the antics fly when you're dominating. When you're losing Finals like James is on the verge of doing. It doesn't fly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Trust the Sword.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

I think they should as well. Birdman is an energizer bunny out there. Splitter hasn't looked good nor has Bonner. I wonder if we will see a lot of Diaw again for the Spurs.

Tonight prediction I got the Heat but hopefully its a good game.

I think he needs to have Haslems minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Or at least play him. I'm not entirely sure I get the rationale for benching him over Haslem. I get that they want to go small so he'd only be backing up Bosh. And I also get that Birdman can't guard Duncan - but neither can Haslem. And Birdman can bring rim protection, energy, and offensive rebounds. All of which the Heat can desperately use. So he should be the first big of the bench in my opinion. I can't help but feel Spo's playing Haslem out of loyalty and trust more than off of production.

Blog Entries

Duncan goes for five tonight!!

Duncan goes for five tonight!!
    Lets go Spurs