Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71727374 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    And Leonard has taken a leap this entire series...he isn't really a role player anymore. I don't know if he is star status yet, but I'm pretty sure the guy averaged a double double while guarding and keeping the best player in the game in check...at least until the 4th quarter of game 6. His leap reminds me some of the way George did in the ECF...his game reminds me a lot of a grittier, doing the dirty work version of Andre Iguadala.
    The thing I took away the most from this, having already felt Lebron has justified himself, was that it was Kawhis arrival. It can not be understated how well he played lebron for at the very least 5.5 games. He was phenomenal and is only going to get better. I thought he really upped his aggressiveness offensively and showed he has a very bright future.

I love d wades comments after the game. something along the lines of "we have a lot of respect for them, they just go out and beat you. we barely heard anything from them. I have no idea what Kawhis voice sounds like. He just goes out and beasts. the silent assassin."
    -JAB

Blog Entries

in a 7 game series theres going to be plays that could have been the difference throughout just about every game. I dont consider that "choking" as much as it was just the difference in champions or not. The winning team had to overcome those mistakes to make them look like "choking" because if they dont capitalize, then the other team never "choked" to begin with. tough to say 1 games last 5 minutes is worth more than the other 6 when determining the outcome of a series. They couldve played better, and they couldve won, but that could be said for games 2, 4, and 7 also. shoulda woulda coulda.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Most Spurs fans I know won't give the Heat any credit, it's all about what the Spurs didn't do.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The thing I took away the most from this, having already felt Lebron has justified himself, was that it was Kawhis arrival. It can not be understated how well he played lebron for at the very least 5.5 games. He was phenomenal and is only going to get better. I thought he really upped his aggressiveness offensively and showed he has a very bright future.

I love d wades comments after the game. something along the lines of "we have a lot of respect for them, they just go out and beat you. we barely heard anything from them. I have no idea what Kawhis voice sounds like. He just goes out and beasts. the silent assassin."
    Totally agree...Leonard made himself a ton of fans and a ton of money and most importantly, a ton of respect.

Hell of a player who really seemed to get better as e series went along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Totally agree...Leonard made himself a ton of fans and a ton of money and most importantly, a ton of respect.

Hell of a player who really seemed to get better as e series went along.
    Yet another player the Wiz could have had.

Kawhi Leonard was really good at San Diego State but the NBA thought he would have trouble transitioning to the 3 after playing the 4 in college.

He went to the perfect team and you see the results.

Duncan has already said he is coming. Him along with Leonard and Parker and the Spurs will contend next year. I would love to see a guy like Alex Len to go to them because Duncan's example would push him to become really good and succeed him.

It's not happening but the Spurs have to find a 4-5 man to compliment Duncan and they may win it all next year.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 06-21-2013 at 10:49 AM.

iggyman555 Guest

ginobili needs to retire he is pretty useless out there

Blog Entries

First and foremost, I have to give respect to LeBron James. He took control of game 7. The ball was in his hands and he basically said, either I'm going to shoot you to death or your going to play up and let me slash, so that I can REALLY wreak of havoc.

The Spurs played him the right way the entire series and he still made them pay. Chris Bosh didn't score. Mike Miller didn't score. Ray Allen hardly scored. LeBron made San Antonio pay for every mistake they made.

On San Antonio's end, while I still feel that Leonard missing the first of two was the pinpoint moment of that game, I have to give him credit for responding so well in game 7. Where Green completely faded, Leonard rose to the occasion.

Duncan missing one at point blank range to tie was the big shocker to me. His reaction told the story.

Who the hell knows what Ginobli was doing.

These are the type of performances that you need to back up the hype, which, coincidentally, isn't hype anymore.

Congratulations to LeBron.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I love d wades comments after the game. something along the lines of "we have a lot of respect for them, they just go out and beat you. we barely heard anything from them."
    I think this is why so many people were pulling for the Spurs and so many people are turned off by 90% of the NBA. The talent level is admirable, but the constant trash talking and self-important ego-stroking is so tiresome. Just shut up and play.

Blog Entries

I thought it was a love fest of much respect after the game. They were hugging each other and giving props, not trash talking.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I thought it was a love fest of much respect after the game. They were hugging each other and giving props, not trash talking.
    My roommate was like, "WTF are they doing???"

I'm like, dude come on, Pop and Spo have both won before. They know how to be good sportsmen, at least for the minute or two they need to be in each other's presence. I liked that this series (unlike Heat/Bulls, Heat/Pacers) was not very trash-talky.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Man, if most teams can stay reasonably healthy, next years playoffs are going to be great.

The West is obviously still stacked...a healthy OKC is probably the favorite, obviously the ageless Spurs, Memphis again especially if they can find another shooter, Golden State with a healthy David Lee, Clippers with a real coach and KG...and maybe Pierce too, the Lakers if Kobe can come back close to his old self, and even Houston if they can add pieces...the western conference playoffs are going to be great.

Even the East...obviously you have the defending champs, but the Pacers will get Danny Granger back, the Bulls will get DRose and Deng back, the Knicks are still going to be really good and if the Nets grow some heart, they have the potential to be a good team.

The NBA is in a good place right now...at least it's playoffs. Next year is going to be awesome as long as these teams can stay relatively healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.