Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Two of their biggest stars doesn't equate to the whole team doing it to that level.

I don't disagree Wade and Lebron were over the top last night, I just disagree with paintinga whole team as over the top and saying they're the only ones that do it.
    Did you stay till the end? You had thrown in the towel and called it over at halftime.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    All teams and Players work/whine to differing degrees.
    Very true ....

i just dont like the notion that seems to get passed on that hes the only one that has done such
    Has anyone made this accusation?

Hes being held to an impossible standard. Not just Jordan, but what people choose to remember about Jordan, or in some cases, not.
    Ok, I'll bite. What have those on the Jordan side not remembered about him?

Jordan made an art form out of giving the refs the business after a no call, but he was doing it as he ran back on D. There's a reason Jordan was one the best on-the-ball defenders in the history of the game, won the Defensive Player of the Year Award and was named All Defensive First Team 9 times. Nine. Let that sink in for a second. You have get back and play defense to get these honors.

Now I am never going to say that Jordan never cried. I will say that he never did it in the final minutes of an elimination game when his team needed him the most.

It's posts like this that make me believe you're more sensitive about this than you let on. Because when it's something quantitative such as hard stats, you have no problem making the comparison when it swings in LeBrons favor. But when folks (numerous and unbiased) make an observation about the crying and the sometimes malaise on defense, all of a sudden living up to Jordan is an "impossible standard".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did you stay till the end? You had thrown in the towel and called it over at halftime.
    I watched the whole thing. It was awesome. The Heat just looked like they didn't think they could win it whihc is why I called it early.

Two of their biggest stars doesn't equate to the whole team doing it to that level.

I don't disagree Wade and Lebron were over the top last night, I just disagree with paintinga whole team as over the top and saying they're the only ones that do it.
    Where did I say that they're the only ones that do it?

Blog Entries

I watched the whole thing. It was awesome. The Heat just looked like they didn't think they could win it whihc is why I called it early.
    You can just never tell, especially with that much time left. Some odd decisions by Pops, Duncan goes cold, Lebron goes video game mode (minus headband)... crazy 4th.

Game 7 - what more can you ask for

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Where did I say that they're the only ones that do it?
    Maybe I should have said "acted" instead of "say". But you did apply what you think Lebron and Wade did to the whole team.

[QUOTE=HoustonRaven;637712]

Jordan made an art form out of giving the refs the business after a no call, but he was doing it as he ran back on D. There's a reason Jordan was one the best on-the-ball defenders in the history of the game, won the Defensive Player of the Year Award and was named All Defensive First Team 9 times. Nine. Let that sink in for a second. You have get back and play defense to get these honors.

[QUOTE]

LeBron James has been All Defensive First Team 5 times. And he's only 28. He'll surpass those 9 in the next 5 years. LeBron is the best defender in the NBA and if you say otherwise than you don't watch the NBA regular season.

LeBron gets hacked more than any other player. Game 7 is going to be epic though I can't wait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You can just never tell, especially with that much time left. Some odd decisions by Pops, Duncan goes cold, Lebron goes video game mode (minus headband)... crazy 4th.

Game 7 - what more can you ask for
    They looked at the half how the Spurs looked going into overtime, like "WTF just happened".

Game 7 should be great. A lot of people are thinking the Spurs won't be able to bring it after the huge heart break, I think the problem for them is just how much Miami may now believe in themselves after that 4th quarter run, being down with 20 seconds to go tying it, overtime. That's what I'd be worried about if I were a Surs fan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    well if youre saying Lebron doesnt get back on D and still has 5 1st team all defensive honors then whats your point?

as far as your opinion that he was the best on the ball defender. outside his first 5-6 years where he was one of the best, he was incredibly overrated defender. He wasnt even asked to defend the other teams best wings, Pippen was. thats not to say he wasnt good, but to say the best on the ball defender for even the majority of his own career is beyond a stretch. He did more defensively by jumping passing lanes than on the ball in his later years, which is part of the reason he still won awards.

Now I am never going to say that Jordan never cried. I will say that he never did it in the final minutes of an elimination game when his team needed him the most.
    I still dont get how his trying to get a call late in a game means hes no longer comparable to Jordan. Dont like it, fine, its a better reason than most use, but to say it ends the debate between the two because of it? not even remotely.

It's posts like this that make me believe you're more sensitive about this than you let on. Because when it's something quantitative such as hard stats, you have no problem making the comparison when it swings in LeBrons favor. But when folks (numerous and unbiased) make an observation about the crying and the sometimes malaise on defense, all of a sudden living up to Jordan is an "impossible standard".
    no, living up to what people "remember" of jordan is impossible. People remember all the good things and choose to ignore his flaws. Jordan the player was a lot more mortal than most of his fans and supporters memories, or in other words his legacy.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    LeBron James has been All Defensive First Team 5 times. And he's only 28. He'll surpass those 9 in the next 5 years. LeBron is the best defender in the NBA and if you say otherwise than you don't watch the NBA regular season. LeBron gets hacked more than any other player. Game 7 is going to be epic though I can't wait.
    Didn't you also use the approach talking to Dade saying if he doesn't think Lebron is the best player ever and it's not even close he doesn't know basketball?

Blog Entries

Alright, I half way lost track of what the fuck you guys were talking about, but I can see what's going on here.

This series has everyone's emotions up, on both sides of the fence (And there is a thick fence), to the point that guys are looking for reasons to complain about things that are universal. I'm not talking about the players by the way, I'm talking about the posters here.

I don't fool with hearsay and carry'n on. Calls and no calls, misplaying guys,

This game came down to one thing and yes, that's what games come down to.

There is one thing that didn't happen that, if it had, this game would have been over and all side debate would have been irrelevant.

If Leonard hits both, the Spurs are Champions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Alright, I half way lost track of what the fuck you guys were talking about, but I can see what's going on here.

This series has everyone's emotions up, on both sides of the fence (And there is a thick fence), to the point that guys are looking for reasons to complain about things that are universal. I'm not talking about the players by the way, I'm talking about the posters here.

I don't fool with hearsay and carry'n on. Calls and no calls, misplaying guys,

This game came down to one thing and yes, that's what games come down to.

There is one thing that didn't happen that, if it had, this game would have been over and all side debate would have been irrelevant.

If Leonard hits both, the Spurs are Champions.
    There were several such moments. Just off the top of my very tired head ...

If Ray Allen misses that 3 near the end of regulation or if the Heat fail to rebound either of Lebron's missed 3's near the end of regulation the Spurs are champions.