Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 882

Thread: NBA playoffs

  1. #136

    Re: NBA playoffs



    Right now its West, Hibbert and George and no one else.

    I would double Hibbert and put LeBron on George and let the other guys beat me.




  2. #137

    Re: NBA playoffs

    I know the Ravens did not start the 7 nation army chant but we damn sure made it popular.

    Feels good to hear it being played everywhere.




  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,792

    Re: NBA playoffs

    I flipped to another channel at half time and turned back at the end of the 3rd quarter. WTF? That just changed all that Pacer feel good stuff.




  4. #139

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Yeah they got killed in the 3rd quarter




  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    Boom! See ya Saturday night.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #141
    Lebron went into King James mode and then it was over.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,739

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lebron went into King James mode and then it was over.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I like that he isn't a ball hog and IS a team player, but just imagine if he did that more.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #143

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah and he was intense, ready for another 'fight'. That dude is focused
    Meh. He's only focused because Miami has no one that can stop him.

    He's still butter soft. If he played against a healthy Dwight Howard or someone that's really physical and close to his size he'd back down in a hurry.




  9. #144

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I like that he isn't a ball hog and IS a team player, but just imagine if he did that more.
    He can score at will but chooses to be unselfish which is better for the team. LBJ haters seem to always point out that he doesnt score as much as kobe, jordan or whoever. My thought is always, "he doesnt have to" yet hes still is nipping at their heals. When he decides he needs to, he can outscore anybody, in some cases entire teams. I never understood the argument that Kobe was better simply by taking more shots, shooting lower percentages, less in every other stat but scoring a point or two more a game. Even Jordan that same argument can be had. he shot similar% and had some crazy years (35, 37 ppg etc) but ended up a 30ppg, which LBJ is right behind at 28. scary thing is... he keeps getting better.
    -JAB




  10. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,739

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He can score at will but chooses to be unselfish which is better for the team. LBJ haters seem to always point out that he doesnt score as much as kobe, jordan or whoever. My thought is always, "he doesnt have to" yet hes still is nipping at their heals. When he decides he needs to, he can outscore anybody, in some cases entire teams. I never understood the argument that Kobe was better simply by taking more shots, shooting lower percentages, less in every other stat but scoring a point or two more a game. Even Jordan that same argument can be had. he shot similar% and had some crazy years (35, 37 ppg etc) but ended up a 30ppg, which LBJ is right behind at 28. scary thing is... he keeps getting better.
    I see his defense and passing as the thing that's still getting better. The one area he still needs to improve on... or get back, is ball-handling. He's been dribbling the ball VERY high (and when you're 6'8" it's easy for someone to get a had on) and tends to get a little wild with it. He's the best player right now hands down, but he's got get that back under control.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  11. #146

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I see his defense and passing as the thing that's still getting better. The one area he still needs to improve on... or get back, is ball-handling. He's been dribbling the ball VERY high (and when you're 6'8" it's easy for someone to get a had on) and tends to get a little wild with it. He's the best player right now hands down, but he's got get that back under control.
    hes getting more efficient across the board. His FG% continues to grow and is 56-57%. all while playing less minutes. I see the dribbling issue you do once in awhile. I guess thats something to improve, but honestly theres not another 6'8"+ guy that can handle the ball like he does as it is, imo.
    -JAB




  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Si has a great article this week "The Unique Ubiquity of Lebron James' and it profiles his play at every position. Something not many players do.

    "Among the players who average fewer points per possession on jumpers than James: Durant, Anthony, Bryant and Harden"
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  13. #148

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I see his defense and passing as the thing that's still getting better. The one area he still needs to improve on... or get back, is ball-handling. He's been dribbling the ball VERY high (and when you're 6'8" it's easy for someone to get a had on) and tends to get a little wild with it. He's the best player right now hands down, but he's got get that back under control.
    I see your point but to take the ball you've got to be quick enough to steal it (and LeBron is lightning quick to the point where he could cross anyone and drive to the basket) and have the courage or this 265lb monster will knock you on your ass and blow right by you.

    As for his selfishness or lack thereof, he's not Kobe or Jordan who are such assholes that they could care less if they jacked up shot after shot because its always been about them(and yes they delivered but at what cost to their teammates). Jordan though to his credit realized that he needed certain players to deliver and would set them up for success. Kobe could care less.




  14. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: NBA playoffs

    I would have liked to see Hibbert play in the era of the great centers, but yeah LBJ is in that Jordan and Kobe rare air to take over a game. That being said, I don't really care for the NBA. It's just something to watch like baseball, hockey, and soccer until football (any level) returns.




  15. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Lol, this thread turned into a LeBron lovefest because the Heat won last night. I hope the Pacers don't win the next game, the tone around here is going to be unrecognizable.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland