Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT: Phoenix head shop takes out ad to welcome Tyrann Mathieu

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hieu/#comments

Bud’s Glass Joint, a head shop in Phoenix, took out an ad in the Phoenix New Times that welcomed Mathieu to town while also informing him that their shop has him covered for any weed-related needs that should come up once he reports to work with the Cardinals.
    I really hope that Tyrann can prove all of his haters wrong and have a successful career. While our team did not draft him, I just feel bad for him. For the owner of a head shop to print a an add with Tyrann's picture and name honestly just comes off as a cheap shot.

Re: OT: Phoenix head shop takes out ad to welcome Tyrann Mathieu

That's cold. Guess they aren't Cardinal fans.

Genius marketing ploy.

They're going to get a nasty letter from LSU titled "Cease and Desist" pretty soon though.

Ignorant, but what would you expect from someone who runs that type of establishment? If Matthieu is smart, he'll use this to keep himself more determined to keep himself out of trouble.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Typical Phoenix. Why anybody would want to play here is a mystery to me. Hell I can't even stand living here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hieu/#comments
    I really hope that Tyrann can prove all of his haters wrong and have a successful career. While our team did not draft him, I just feel bad for him. For the owner of a head shop to print a an add with Tyrann's picture and name honestly just comes off as a cheap shot.
    "Haters?" This guy deserves all the bad press he can get for his behavior. He's lucky to be a 3rd round draft choice. I'm sure several teams wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole. After he gets suspended for violating the league's drug policy, what will you say then? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Genius marketing ploy.
    Concur. Whatever the loyalties of the ownership, you gotta believe that the eyes that see an "alternative newspaper" are generally attached to heads ;) that are a heckuva lot more interested in the medicinal properties of Cannabis sativa than the fortunes of the gridiron's Cardinalidae.
    They're going to get a nasty letter from LSU titled "Cease and Desist" pretty soon though.
    I can just see "Bud" saying, Pleeez don't throw me into that hemp patch! Any C&D letter will get turned around into a press release to provide even more publicity for the shop...

Blog Entries

I heard they offered him a contract with no guaranteed money. Then I saw this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...231905507.html

His agent says no way in hell he's going to sign that contract. Frankly I don't blame him given the slot system in place

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I heard they offered him a contract with no guaranteed money. Then I saw this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...231905507.html

His agent says no way in hell he's going to sign that contract. Frankly I don't blame him given the slot system in place
    If he doesn't sign the Cards contract, he's not going to sign anything close to amount of money they'd be willing to pay.

It's going to be a fair deal in terms of money with nothing guaranteed OR sign for much less because teams are not going to risk a ton of cash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If he doesn't sign the Cards contract, he's not going to sign anything close to amount of money they'd be willing to pay.

It's going to be a fair deal in terms of money with nothing guaranteed OR sign for much less because teams are not going to risk a ton of cash.
    That may be true. His agent's point, which I think is valid, is that if they didn't want to pay him as a 3rd round in the slot system, they should've waited to draft him later. Will be interesting to see who blinks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "Haters?" This guy deserves all the bad press he can get for his behavior. He's lucky to be a 3rd round draft choice. I'm sure several teams wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole. After he gets suspended for violating the league's drug policy, what will you say then? ... Bc
    Listen, he is a young kid who has a smoking problem. He didn't rape anyone or lead a dog fighting ring. The only person he hurt was himself, so why keep taking jabs at him? I agree that some teams probably took him off of their board, but I just wanted to say that I am pulling for him and hope he gets his life on track. It's a shame to see talent wasted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Listen, he is a young kid who has a smoking problem. He didn't rape anyone or lead a dog fighting ring. The only person he hurt was himself, so why keep taking jabs at him? I agree that some teams probably took him off of their board, but I just wanted to say that I am pulling for him and hope he gets his life on track. It's a shame to see talent wasted.
    I don't want to vilify him, or attack your post, but do you know where drug (weed) money actually goes? Check it out before writing "the only person he hurt is himself"... Bc