Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 111
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Gino is a lot more of a mauler than you're giving him credit for. In fact, many scouting reports on Gino indicated that his best qualities as an interior linemen were a nasty mean streak and a good run blocker.

    Birk is a HOF-type of player. However, again, the NFL is littered with smaller interior linemen who have been successful. Gino at 6'3" 300-305lbs is adequately sized to play center in the NFL and we've no reason to think otherwise.
    ILMAO SOLO - You have a million and one excuses for everything.

    You posted Saturday and I counter with Birk who played longer and
    was bigger.

    After saying Gino was a finesse guy you're saying he's now a mauler
    too, so which is it? LOL

    Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy. Gino's muscles
    in the pic above is nutten compared to those pics of Brandon Williams-lol.




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    ILMAO SOLO - You have a million and one excuses for everything.

    You posted Saturday and I counter with Birk who played longer and
    was bigger.

    After saying Gino was a finesse guy you're saying he's now a mauler
    too, so which is it? LOL

    Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy. Gino's muscles
    in the pic above is nutten compared to those pics of Brandon Williams-lol.
    and you appear to live and die by what media outlets say... At least he forms his own opinions




  3. #78

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    ILMAO SOLO - You have a million and one excuses for everything.

    You posted Saturday and I counter with Birk who played longer and
    was bigger.

    After saying Gino was a finesse guy you're saying he's now a mauler
    too, so which is it? LOL

    Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy. Gino's muscles
    in the pic above is nutten compared to those pics of Brandon Williams-lol.
    Brandon Williams is a monster, no doubt. To be fair compare him to Cody and compare Gino to Birk since he's replacing him. Birk entered the NFL listed at 300 lbs. and left 15 years later listed at 310 lb. Gino's size is similar to Birk's. If he doesn't play well he'll be in danger of being replaced like anyone else. I'll wait to judge Gino based off of his performance.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,988

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    I am beginning to hear that Arthur Brown was not that impressive at the rookie camp, and may not start this year. Anyone else hearing the same thing?




  5. #80

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am beginning to hear that Arthur Brown was not that impressive at the rookie camp, and may not start this year. Anyone else hearing the same thing?
    You can't just say you are hearing something without providing a source.

    And if the coaches base whether someone starts or not based off a rookie mini-camp then I've just lost all expectations for the season.




  6. #81

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am beginning to hear that Arthur Brown was not that impressive at the rookie camp, and may not start this year. Anyone else hearing the same thing?
    Although we don't run a tried and true 3-4, he's still making a big adjustment fro m Big-12 4-3 D to 3-4 AFC North D. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he doesn't start at the beginning. He's still learning the Defense.

    It may be why we still have McClain

    Then again it was just rookie mini-camp




  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    The only negative I heard on Brown so far was some beat writers thought he didn't really look like a big guy for a LB. Which is true, he's pretty small for a LB.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  8. #83
    The only writer...beat or not that I've read that was somewhat critical is Hensley.

    He said that Brown looked small like a RB in camp.

    He also said that he is very surprised that we are keeping Rolando McClain and he thinks the reason the team is sticking with him is because they may be thinking Brown won't be ready to start the season and McClain is insurance.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    ILMAO SOLO - You have a million and one excuses for everything.

    You posted Saturday and I counter with Birk who played longer and
    was bigger.

    After saying Gino was a finesse guy you're saying he's now a mauler
    too, so which is it? LOL

    Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy. Gino's muscles
    in the pic above is nutten compared to those pics of Brandon Williams-lol.

    There you go...making shit up again. I think you need glasses (among other things...)

    When did I ever say Gino was a finesse guy? I'll save you the time because I have never said that. In this thread, leachisabeast claimed that Gino is more of a "finesse blocker" and paintballguy is the one who brought up Jeff Saturday.

    If you're going to shit one someone for poking holes in your antiquated *Bigger is Better!* argument, then at least get it right.

    Congrats on knowing how big Birk was. However, you're arguing with yourself and frankly you're wrong. Jeff Saturday and Birk were in the 1998 draft, so they both played for 15 seasons (1998-2013). Both were 2-time All Pros, both were 6 time pro-bowlers, both have a SB ring.

    The idea that a "big" center is better than a "smaller" center because they're bigger is just flat out stupid. The only thing that I - among others - have stated is that Gino at 6'3" 300-305lbs is not undersized and can still functionally play at a high level as a center. I mentioned Chris Myers and Jason Kelce, who both are two of the better centers in the NFL and are under 300lbs...UNDER 300lbs (Gino is OVER 300lbs). Those two players are proof positive that it can be done. As I said before, it is all about technique. You want to claim that Jensen is a lot stronger, but then you state that he did 30 reps to Gino's 29 reps. WOW. A whopping 1 rep difference. Are you joking? THAT is your baseline? Give me a break dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco
    Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy.
    If this isn't a typical "Trap comment" then I don't know what is.

    Guess what Ol'Timer? The NFL of 2013 ain't the NFL of 1975. Get with the now.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Yeah the same writers who probably thought the same about Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, and hell lets throw Ray Lewis in there. Stick to your day job Hensley.

    Most of the premium ILBs in the league right now are pretty much "undersized" compared to the old generation apart from Patrick Willis.




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Let me clarify my statements on Gino. I didn't say he was undersized for a center or anything, I just meant that Jenson is quite significantly bigger at 317 lbs. I think Gino is big enough to play center, but I did hear reports that the Ravens wanted him to get stronger, and he did struggle slightly there last pre season as a man to man blocker, he also struggled with it against the Bengals even though he had a solid overall game, he got thrown about by Peko a little bit. He is a finesse blocker, that likes to make his blocks on the second level, he is a little like Chris Myers in that regard, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if the system benefits that style of blocking. I think Gino is going to be the starting center, but I do think Jenson is going to surprise us a little bit and will give us something to think about in 2014.




  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Let me clarify my statements on Gino. I didn't say he was undersized for a center or anything, I just meant that Jenson is quite significantly bigger at 317 lbs. I think Gino is big enough to play center, but I did hear reports that the Ravens wanted him to get stronger, and he did struggle slightly there last pre season as a man to man blocker, he also struggled with it against the Bengals even though he had a solid overall game, he got thrown about by Peko a little bit. He is a finesse blocker, that likes to make his blocks on the second level, he is a little like Chris Myers in that regard, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if the system benefits that style of blocking. I think Gino is going to be the starting center, but I do think Jenson is going to surprise us a little bit and will give us something to think about in 2014.
    I wasn't implying that you thought he was undersized.

    Of course he struggled last season. Joe struggled too coming from Delaware to the NFL. It is a HUGE jump in competition. That doesn't mean that he's going to get beat out by another guy (who is coming from an even smaller D-2 school...Delaware is D-1AA) because he is 1" and roughly 10lbs lighter. That's just ridiculous. If Jensen beats out Gradkowski, it is because Jensen is a better player. Not because he's bigger.

    Gino played well against the Bengals last year and having Yanda and KO on either side of him is going to give him a lot of support, which he'll definitely need.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wasn't implying that you thought he was undersized.

    Of course he struggled last season. Joe struggled too coming from Delaware to the NFL. It is a HUGE jump in competition. That doesn't mean that he's going to get beat out by another guy (who is coming from an even smaller D-2 school...Delaware is D-1AA) because he is 1" and roughly 10lbs lighter. That's just ridiculous. If Jensen beats out Gradkowski, it is because Jensen is a better player. Not because he's bigger.

    Gino played well against the Bengals last year and having Yanda and KO on either side of him is going to give him a lot of support, which he'll definitely need.
    I agree, but I think Jenson is going to get a look next season at possibly playing guard if they move KO to LT (assuming McKinnie is cut).




  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The only negative I heard on Brown so far was some beat writers thought he didn't really look like a big guy for a LB. Which is true, he's pretty small for a LB.
    6' 240 lbs is pretty small for ILB by NFL standards. Ah, but that doesn't mean the man (Arthur Brown) cannot play the position well. By that accepted norm, then let's cut Ray Rice, Matt Elam, and Gino Gradkowski too... Bc




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I agree, but I think Jenson is going to get a look next season at possibly playing guard if they move KO to LT (assuming McKinnie is cut).
    That could very well be their intentions. I think he has a ton of upside as a guard.

    I'm still not entirely sure what they are thinking with KO. He played extremely well as a LG last year. Why mess with that? You know?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland