Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm onboard with this. I don't remember him playing well last year but I do remember him getting knocked around many times. Cheap is not a good criteria for keeping someone on the roster if they don't play well. He had hip surgery and will miss all offseason activities. I'm not suggesting cutting him, but he needs to compete for a roster spot.
    Of course he's competing. He's also making the team unless Kelly Gregg in his prime comes back.

Most people here don't like the idea of Ngata playing NT. The other option is a D2 rookie. And Cody.

We have 2 natural NT's...one of whom is making a HUGE jump in competition.

No way Cody doesn't make this team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Of course he's competing. He's also making the team unless Kelly Gregg in his prime comes back.

Most people here don't like the idea of Ngata playing NT. The other option is a D2 rookie. And Cody.

We have 2 natural NT's...one of whom is making a HUGE jump in competition.

No way Cody doesn't make this team.

He played poorly last year, in other words he sucked. We'll have to agree to disagree on that point.
    Last edited by Bigfish; 05-06-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Blog Entries

I agree...I don't understand why people are in such a rush to ship guys like Cody out.

Maybe it clicks in the final year like it did for Chris Chester or Dwan Edwards.

He's not costing us a great player or a lot of money by being on the roster...and it's not like the guy hasn't played well before...he was pretty solid for 2/3's of 2011.

:word You just don't cut players like Cody. He still has upside, and he's playing for peanuts right now. Also, you always need plenty of linemen for depth purposes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Idk guys, i think Cody has an uphill battle. He obviously has 6 lineman in front of him, Tyson may make 7, and Tyson is more versatile. The team kept 7 down lineman last year. I think it's a legit possibility he doesn't make the 53 man roster.
    Tyson is not making this team over Cody unless he has an amazing preseason.

Tyson plays a different position than Cody.

Tyson is competing with Art Jones, Chris Canty, and Marcus Spears.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He played poorly last year, in other words he sucked. We'll have to agree to disagree on that point.
    So did Dickson for the most part...he'll probably be part of this team; wouldn't you say?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He didn't suck in 2011...he has shown he can play in this league.

Why not see if he can get back to that?

The alternative is a D2 rookie or Ngata being your only options at NT.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in the lack of coverage the Ravens website has given the mini camp. You'd think they take more pictures, and maybe post more videos, instead we get like 10 pictures at best and a 30 second clip of some drills.

Blog Entries

He didn't suck in 2011...he has shown he can play in this league.

Why not see if he can get back to that?

The alternative is a D2 rookie or Ngata being your only options at NT.

I'm with you that he'll make the roster. However, he pretty much did suck in 2011, he was at the root of our run defense issues in the play offs, and Ray Lewis (who had a pretty awesome year in 2011) had to clean up so much mistakes up the middle. We're lucky Sizzle was so dominate that year. He had a good start to 2011, then I don't know what happened to him. I think the div 2 kid is going to be a stud, and I think he's an instant upgrade over Cody. He was very very good at the senior bowl and looked like the best pure nose tackle out there.

One of the issues Ngata's had IMO is having a below average NT next to him for the past two seasons, he looked more dominant with Kelly Gregg.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in the lack of coverage the Ravens website has given the mini camp. You'd think they take more pictures, and maybe post more videos, instead we get like 10 pictures at best and a 30 second clip of some drills.
    yea I'm quite pissed at that actually, maybe they are only allowed there the first day, the media I mean so they don't have a lot to show, day 2 and 3 would be more productive I'd think

There's a ton of classroom time, that's why.

It's not a huge event.

Blog Entries

Media only got 1 hour of access.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's a ton of classroom time, that's why.

It's not a huge event.
    Plus a whole day outside the facility for OJ's 5k event, or am I mistaken?