Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R. McClain Pleads Guilty to One Charge

Per PFT ....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...season-charge/

Not a huge deal and the guilty plea of the tint violation makes the other charge of lying to the cops go away.

More stressing to me, this article seems to hint that McClain is still in Alabama. WTF dude?!?! Why is his ass not in Bmore learning that play book back to front?

Blog Entries

Re: R. McClain Pleads Guilty to One Charge

I read somewhere that McClain was going to be taking part in the Ravens off-season conditioning program along with McKinnie.

Blog Entries

The thing is, he signed such a team-friendly contract with no guaranteed money. If the Ravens cut him I bet he doesn't make it through waivers. Another team who claimed him would get the same terms.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    More stressing to me, this article seems to hint that McClain is still in Alabama. WTF dude?!?! Why is his ass not in Bmore learning that play book back to front?
    Could he make a court appearance without actually appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Could he make a court appearance without actually appearing?
    I'm sure he could. But then I wonder why we haven't seen anything in the news about him being in Bmore.

Blog Entries

I don't think he's reported to Baltimore yet either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

DeCosta's comments seem to indicate he'll be in camp.

"I think this about McClain, he deserves a second chance," Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta said Monday according to the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson. "If you asked him, he would probably admit to making some mistakes. We think he warrants a second chance. Obviously, he's an Alabama guy. "We have a relationship with a lot of Alabama player".
    I never heard about the mentoring program before. But I don't think he's had a chance to benefit from it yet and I believe the team thinks they can turn him around. Or at least they want a chance to.

But the organization also has a mentoring program that could ultimately benefit McClain.

"We have a program in place for every single player who comes to Baltimore," DeCosta said via Wilson. "We have an individual plan for every single player that gets mapped out before they come on campus. Some guys have different issues.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...s-a-2nd-chance
    Last edited by Bigfish; 05-07-2013 at 10:46 AM.

This is such a minor violation, his actions were stupid but not a felony, a $189 violation should not cost anyone $700K. Let's get him in house give him the summer, then make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    This is such a minor violation, his actions were stupid but not a felony, a $189 violation should not cost anyone $700K. Let's get him in house give him the summer, then make a decision.
    It may not be the Ravens decision to make.

If he keeps himself out of trouble, which may be a big "if", he's next due in court July 9th. If he's found guilty of the resisting arrest charge, he could be put in jail.

Even if he is not put in jail, the league may take disciplinary action.

If he passes those hurdles, then the Ravens will be in position to decide if he's roster worthy or not....unlike many of the junior-GMs on this board, Newsome is doing the smart thing by just being patient and letting the process work itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It may not be the Ravens decision to make.

If he keeps himself out of trouble, which may be a big "if", he's next due in court July 9th. If he's found guilty of the resisting arrest charge, he could be put in jail.

Even if he is not put in jail, the league may take disciplinary action.

If he passes those hurdles, then the Ravens will be in position to decide if he's roster worthy or not....unlike many of the junior-GMs on this board, Newsome is doing the smart thing by just being patient and letting the process work itself.
    Don't disagree, but the overall painting has been this player is a harden criminal, not stupid Citizen. Sorry the NFL should just stay out of this, the worst scenario of the story for this next charge is he yanked his arm away from the officer when they attempted to arrest him and opened his mouth too much in the process. No vested interest in this player, but it seems like the whole story is needed and that's what the 9th will expose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    DeCosta's comments seem to indicate he'll be in camp.

I never heard about the mentoring program before. But I don't think he's had a chance to benefit from it yet and I believe the team thinks they can turn him around. Or at least they want a chance to.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...s-a-2nd-chance
    so can everyone stop with the "cut him" and "he'll be gone before camp" stuff now? Hes going to get his chance to show he can play. that much is clear.

I like that we have a mentoring program, which i wasnt aware of, but probably makes sense of how we have such a strong locker room. well be seeing in the coming years how much things like that being in place were the effect or if Ray and Ed really were.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    Don't disagree, but the overall painting has been this player is a harden criminal, not stupid Citizen. Sorry the NFL should just stay out of this, the worst scenario of the story for this next charge is he yanked his arm away from the officer when they attempted to arrest him and opened his mouth too much in the process. No vested interest in this player, but it seems like the whole story is needed and that's what the 9th will expose.
    You know he also held a gun to a guy's head and made him beg for his life, right?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!