Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Least favorite Raven

I have become friends with two active NFL players (one was a neighbor, another a guy I knew through involvement with a charity) in the last couple of years, and if I have learned one thing from the little glimpses I occasionally get into the world inside the NFL it's that as fans, we DONT know these guys for real. Their interviews, twitter feeds, and backstory that their agents put together may or more likely may not be an actual reflection of who they are day to day when the cameras arnt rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Woodley said it in a way that Flacco couldn't because he would have to go though pitt to do it, considering we still haven't beat pitt in the playoffs, I think so far he is right.
    Well, in Flacco's five playoff seasons, the Steelers have only given him two chances. The Patriots, for example, have given him three. Considering Flacco's been in the post season every year waiting on them, and more than half those times the Steelers have failed to meet him there (either busy vacationing or getting Tebowed) - well, that makes me think Woodley is still wrong.

Blog Entries

Rolando McClain is very tough to root for. He's cocky and stupid. That's a bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Rolando McClain is very tough to root for. He's cocky and stupid. That's a bad combination.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    yup indeed
    yup

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    yeah I haven't posted in this thread because I don't have a least favorite... unless he's in the mix.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah I haven't posted in this thread because I don't have a least favorite... unless he's in the mix.
    Took me a while to come up with one, then finally it dawned on me... the second rounder we were giving to Philly for someone who refused to report to here.

Least favorite all-time Raven Terrell Owens, glad you stayed away in 2004, you are enshrined just ahead of Jason Garrett who wasn't traded here (just traitoring here)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I'm hoping McClain turns it around. I certainly don't wish for him to falter.
    He has a unique opportunity here and it is his last.
    This is the right place and the right team to turn his life around.
    He is on an extremely short leash of his own creation.
    He can become the person and teammate he should be or he will fall over the cliff.
    It is up to him now.
    He has to prove to everyone he belongs AND wants to belong and it won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Woodley said it in a way that Flacco couldn't because he would have to go though pitt to do it, considering we still haven't beat pitt in the playoffs, I think so far he is right. Now, if the question were answered like this, "No, Flacco isn't good enough to win the SB under any circumstance, ever" ...... then I would have to agree.
    Nice spin, but I'm not giving him a "he's right" pass on what he said. He was wrong on more than one account. Flacco did lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl win, and the Ravens don't have to beat the Steelers to do it. Oh, and the Steelers aren't the team to beat in the AFC. That's a lot of hubris from Woodley.

His target was Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. Woodley was asked if Flacco could lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl win, and here was Woodley's response:

"No, not at all because they have to go through one team -- that's the Pittsburgh Steelers in that AFC championship. So in order for them to get to the Super Bowl, they have to beat us, and we're not gonna let that happen once we get that close. So that's not gonna happen in this lifetime."

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    There is no excuse for the type of deviant behavior that he has been a part of, age withstanding. I do not understand why you are sticking up for such poor behavior, but to each his own I guess.
    I'm two years older than him, and while I've made MORE than my fair shake of questionable decisions, never once have I thought firing a gun off next to someones head or signing "FUCK YA'LL" on a ticket for something as minor as a tint violation was a reasonable idea

You can't chalk it up to being young, he's a special kind of stupid. Now maybe he can turn a corner and mature as he gets older, but I won't hold my breath.

Considering he isn't a lock to make the team I think picking him is a bit of a cop out, so I'll go with Tandon Doss. Hopefully he changes my mind this year

Blog Entries

Woodley's response:

"No, not at all because they have to go through one team -- that's the Pittsburgh Steelers in that AFC championship. So in order for them to get to the Super Bowl, they have to beat us, and we're not gonna let that happen once we get that close. So that's not gonna happen in this lifetime."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's like my sister-in-law saying, "I just got hired for a full-time job, met a man who gave me a ring, and I'm going to pay you back, Bc, every penny that I wrongfully squeezed out of you these past years." ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Took me a while to come up with one, then finally it dawned on me... the second rounder we were giving to Philly for someone who refused to report to here.

Least favorite all-time Raven Terrell Owens, glad you stayed away in 2004, you are enshrined just ahead of Jason Garrett who wasn't traded here (just traitoring here)
    Agreed. Close second for me would be Leon Searcy.

As far as the current roster I don't think I have any "least favorites". I hope they all do well.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!