Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Least favorite Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaampionship View Post
    What is the point of this thread? Just dumb. Some people :grbac:
    Sunspot thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I said it to DeCosta's face. Told him he fucked up the Oher draft.
    Two things are wrong with this statement.

1) We got Oher, Kruger, and Lardarius Webb in the first three rounds of the 2009 draft.

It's not Oher or Kruger's fault they kept moving them around and not playing either player in their best role. Oher is a good RT, and will get better if they put him there and leave him there (as they seem like they've finally decided to do). Kruger just got a $40 Million contract for doing in one season what he should have been doing from the jump. I don't think he's worth the contract, but he's an excellent situational player. Webb is one of the best CBs in the league (when healthy). Additionally, there were only a handful of players drafted after Oher through the end of the 2nd round that are worth a crap, and one of them is Kruger, who we also drafted.

2) Eric DeCosta is a scrawny little dude. Telling him something unpopular (and inaccurate) to his face is some sort of crowning achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Rolando McClain has done some rather unsavory things, but I don't dislike the guy and I also understand that he is only 23 years old. I did dumb shit when I was 23 as well. Sometimes it takes guys a few years to really grow up. Hopefully being on a team like the Ravens with positive reinforcement will help him grow up and realize the opportunity he has.

That said, I don't have a least favorite Raven. They're all my favorites because they're all Ravens.
    I am sorry, but at 23, one should not do stupid things like he is doing. Don't use the age excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    I am sorry, but at 23, one should not do stupid things like he is doing. Don't use the age excuse.
    What planet are you living in? 23 year olds do stupid things every day and that includes getting into legal troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Now if this was a Steeler question, enemy # 1 would be Woodley. Ask him how did that Joe Flacco getting no Superbowls prediction pan out? Ultra-douche.
    Woodley said it in a way that Flacco couldn't because he would have to go though pitt to do it, considering we still haven't beat pitt in the playoffs, I think so far he is right. Now, if the question were answered like this, "No, Flacco isn't good enough to win the SB under any circumstance, ever" ...... then I would have to agree.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Also, my least favorite active Raven is Dickson, he has all the makings of an uncoverable TE, but his hands are awful.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Also, my least favorite active Raven is Dickson, he has all the makings of an uncoverable TE, but his hands are awful.
    I think too much is made about Dickson's potential. He has good size and speed, but he's not that exceptional.

40 Times and size of TEs:

Dickson 4.59 - 6'4" 255
    Pitta 4.63 - 6'4" 245
    Furstenburg 4.62 - 6'3" 242

When you look at the numbers his speed and size advantage is marginal over Pitta or Furstenburg. He's athletic, but far from a freak athlete like a Vernon Davis who ran a 4.38 40 or has a physical advantage a guy like Gronkowski has to out muscle DBs. Bottom line is he has disappointed on the field while Pitta has excelled. He needs to step it up this year.

I don't buy the age excuse because he's only one year older. 24 year olds still do the same dumb things 23 year olds do.

He's not 30 looking back at 23...he's 24 looking back at 23.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    ...he's 24 looking back at 23.
    He may be looking at 5 to 10 in the near future... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What planet are you living in? 23 year olds do stupid things every day and that includes getting into legal troubles.
    There is no excuse for the type of deviant behavior that he has been a part of, age withstanding. I do not understand why you are sticking up for such poor behavior, but to each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    There is no excuse for the type of deviant behavior that he has been a part of, age withstanding. I do not understand why you are sticking up for such poor behavior, but to each his own I guess.
    Way to put words in my mouth. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior either but if you think 23 year olds should act like saints you need to pay a little more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Way to put words in my mouth. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior either but if you think 23 year olds should act like saints you need to pay a little more attention.
    He's been given a lot of chances. Do you believe he will succeed or continue to falter?