In case you missed it, Brian Billick did an AMA on reddit today

I probably should have posted this while the AMA (Ask Me Anything) was active but check out the thread and you'll find a bunch of questions asked by the community.

Found this Q/A pretty funny:

Question: "what was the most difficult part of transitioning from coaching to broadcasting?"

Billick: "Being brief"

Ha! You can really tell he struggles to hold back his grandiloquence in the booth.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: In case you missed it, Brian Billick did an AMA on reddit today

Really like this answer...

Always. There are always things you can look back at and say I wish we had done it different or better. I wish we could have developed Kyle Boller into a top flight NFL QB. I wish Elvis Grbac would have come back and let us wrap more talent around him. I wish Trent Dilfer could have finished his career in Baltimore, he deserved that. The list goes on and on
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: In case you missed it, Brian Billick did an AMA on reddit today

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Found this Q/A pretty funny:

Question: "what was the most difficult part of transitioning from coaching to broadcasting?"

Billick: "Being brief"

Ha! You can really tell he struggles to hold back his grandiloquence in the booth.
    Some of us go through life as if we should be paid by the word, & some of us go through life as if we have to pay by the word, & never the twain shall meet. I remember trying to co-author an article for the house magazine with a boss who was one of the latter & opened a vein on every draft I sent him. We had to get his boss to referee the insurrection...

FWIW that Q & A brings to mind then-Vice President Calvin Coolidge:
    A possibly apocryphal story has it that Dorothy Parker, seated next to him at a dinner, said to him, "Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out of you." His famous reply: "You lose."

(From that same Wiki article: "Coolidge often seemed uncomfortable among fashionable Washington society; when asked why he continued to attend so many of their dinner parties, he replied, 'Got to eat somewhere.'")

Great post Loba, had a good laugh. I can relate to issues with what others may call prolixity. As far as I'm concerned, it's called style.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt