Blog Entries

Smile the Ravens once again show their character downtown today

Did anybody go to the 5k race for ALS today? Harbaugh, OJ Brigance, and a bunch of players were down there to their show support. There was a great showing and the Ravens once again demonstrate the class and character of the organization.

My father, who is also suffering from this awful disease, was greeted by coach Harbaugh and spent a good deal of time with OJ. ALS is one is the worst diseases out there and there is very little funding for it. I am very glad that it is a cause close to the Ravens' hearts and that they do so much to get the word out about it.

Picture of my dad with coach. Dad told him to go get us another SB this year.

John and John Harbarugh.jpg

Re: the Ravens once again show their character downtown today

90+ views and no comments?

I think it's awesome that you and your father got to have this experience with Harbaugh and Co. today.

Unfortunately people like your father, O.J. and many others have had to deal with this tragic disease.

To a certain extent, the one positive is that somebody like O.J. has been at the for-front of ALS due to his stature and position bringing a wealth of attention to the situation that most likely would not have the awareness that it has now if not for him having it.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

That is wonderful that the team has stuck by OJ Brigance and is so involved in the Brigance Brigade. I really like that John Harbaugh took time out of his day to spend time with someone who is going through this horrible disease.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

ballhawk, sorry to hear that your father has ALS. Being able to talk to Harbs and the other Ravens there must have made his day. Yours too, probably. The disease not only affects the person who has it, but the whole family circle.

Blog Entries

I think I also saw this picture on the Ravens website. Best wishes to you, your Dad and family as you help attack this disease. I like the fact the Ravens get their rookies involved in important community activities, like supporting folks with ALS, so early in their careers.

Awesome ballhawk. I only recently made an account but I've been following this board for two years and you always have great insight. Good luck to your father and your family through this fight.

ballhawk, you, your dad, and your family all have my best wishes as well.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Blog Entries

Thank you for the well wishes. ALS sucks. There is really no treatment for it, they don't know what causes it, and there is very little funding for it. All most people know about it is that it is the disease that took Lou Gehrig and that's about it. It doesn't get much press. The fact that the Ravens have stood behind OJ and have really been at the forefront of this fight is very special to my family and me. The organization has put a face on the disease and has done so much for awareness. A lot of people saw OJ present the Ravens with the Lamar Hunt trophy and even more saw Harbaugh at the podium accepting the Lombardi. OJ was the first person he acknowledged when he got the mic. Small things like that could really get the ball rolling for research and other help.

Ed from Bel Air:
    you are correct, they do have that picture posted on the website. And you make a good point about having the rookies down there. All the draft picks and UDFA's took part in the event. What a great thing for them to be involved in during their first NFL mini camp. Stressing the importance of the community and charity so soon into their careers. BTW, Brandon Williams looks like a straight up beast!

Spider Webb:
    Thanks a lot for the kind words. I didn't know anybody paid much attention to me around here. Lol

Blog Entries

Wow, this is amazing ballhawk, thanks for sharing!