Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

The Caps can't do dick against Lundqvist but that lurch Chara gets one by him?!?! SMH.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

Says a lot about Lundqvist when he's had an "off day" by his standards but has still stopped 39 of 41 shots...

Blog Entries

The Rangers offense is just brutal. And I have no idea why Richards (4th line C, for those keeping track) and Pyatt (3rd/4th line winger) are out there on the PP. No Brassard who is a brilliant passer, no Stepan or Zucc...just don't understand it at all.

I am not a hockey fan, but the last 10 minutes in regulation of the Boston/NY game and then overtime was some of the most thrilling sports action I've seen on TV since March Madness. Very intense...

Blog Entries

Football will always be my greatest love, but I don't think there is anything better than the NHL playoffs. Every OT or one goal game makes your heart pump like nothing else, especially if you are emotionally invested as a fan of one of the teams.

If you thought the Boston/NY Game 1 stuff was intense, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evwvpNX0jKI and remember that it's Game 6 with the Rangers down 3-2 in the series.

Blog Entries

Some great games lately, anyone here still watching with the Caps out? Pens/Sens last night was a thriller and Detroit/Chicago has been some excellent hockey. The Rangers...well, let's not talk about them.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 05-22-2013 at 09:53 PM.

I am watching off and on.

My boss is traveling with me in the Bay Area this week and he's a huge Pens fan. I like giving him grief and that last game was an eye opener.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

iggyman555 Guest

i love playoff hockey, kinda rooting for detroit and in the east only team left i like is ottawa

The playoffs have just been fantastic so far, as they always are. The Pens/Sens game from last night was an absolutely thrilling game where the home team 7 seed absolutely had to win, scored a goal with 31 seconds left short handed to send it to what wound up being double OT before upsetting the 1 seed, and it was maybe the third or fourth best game of the playoffs so far. Maybe. I'm not even sure it's the most exciting game the Pens have been involved in thus far.

I simply don't understand how hockey isn't far more popular. Especially with basketball and how the ratio of exciting games/series to non-exciting ones is ridiculously out of balance the wrong direction.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I agree PSU. I was just pondering this myself, asking why I don't watch hockey more.

The number one answer is marketing. Out of sight, out of mind. I don't know who the commissioner is or who would be responsible for this, but they need to be fired. Their business model is stale, and someone, anyone, with fresh ideas desperately needs to be interviewed, if not hired.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Gary Bettman. That's the lone, sole reason hockey never takes off.

Blog Entries

The regular season is nowhere near as exciting as the playoffs, which is another problem, although all sports other than football have that problem. I love the game but your typical Wild vs. Blue Jackets game in February isn't exactly as intense or interesting as say, Devils/Rangers in the ECF.

I think I have a better chance of scoring with Mila Kunis than the Rangers do on their PP at this point. 2 for 37. Disgraceful.

Blog Entries

2 for 38 and counting although they did score right after it ended.

Blog Entries

This Pens/Bruins ECF is going to be brutal for anyone who isn't a fan of one of those teams. Between the general unlikable-ness of both and Pierre McGuire's sure to be nonstop slobbering over certain players...I think Pens will get to SC Finals, as predicted a page or two ago. Rask isn't going to hold up against the Pens assault any better than Nabokov or Anderson. Will be interesting to see the SC matchup. I don't know that any WC team is going to be much of a challenge for the Pens with how they are playing.

I thought the Sens were going to take last nights game once they scored short handed.

But it was obvious by the end that the Pens are on another level.