Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Re: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    At this point, I want to see a Hawks v Kings final.

Really respect both teams.
    I assume you mean a Hawks v. Kings conference final, because they are playing for that. One of them isn't making it to the Stanley Cup Finals. The Kings have been looking great, but they are having a bit of a problem scoring. Maybe that's due to good goaltending by the opposition, but at some point they have to have someone beside Jonathan Quick step up. Maybe. I'm still picking them to win it all, but they could use Stoll and his faceoff ability back asap.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I assume you mean a Hawks v. Kings conference final, because they are playing for that. One of them isn't making it to the Stanley Cup Finals. The Kings have been looking great, but they are having a bit of a problem scoring. Maybe that's due to good goaltending by the opposition, but at some point they have to have someone beside Jonathan Quick step up. Maybe. I'm still picking them to win it all, but they could use Stoll and his faceoff ability back asap.
    Agreed.

Quick, once again, is hitting his stride at the right time in the playoffs.

Should be a very tense conference finals on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

Quick, once again, is hitting his stride at the right time in the playoffs.
    Hockey is a funny game. Kings outshot by Blackhawks in period one, 17-2, yet lead 1-0 on a fluky goal. Quick is already making a difference.

Pens have been exposed.

Take a physical game to them, crash the net a little and they're going to back down.

The Chicago-Los Angeles series was really fun to watch. Nothing like sudden death in playoff hockey. It's really sudden. I can't see the Bruins beating the Blackhawks. That team does so many things well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Rask with two of the biggest blunders you will ever see in this game tonight. That second one was just terrible, lazy. Just one reason why the Bruins stand no chance against the Penguins.
    LOL

Well that was a hell of a way to start the Stanley Cup Finals. Triple overtime, 117 shots on goal (Chicago 63, Boston 54). Unbelievable play at times by both goalies.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well that was a hell of a way to start the Stanley Cup Finals. Triple overtime, 117 shots on goal (Chicago 63, Boston 54). Unbelievable play at times by both goalies.
    Daugavins blew it for the Bruins. I don't know why he went to the backhand while he had a wide open net. I told my buddy "Chicago is going to make the Bruins pay for that mistake". 3 minutes later and the game is over

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Daugavins blew it for the Bruins. I don't know why he went to the backhand while he had a wide open net. I told my buddy "Chicago is going to make the Bruins pay for that mistake". 3 minutes later and the game is over
    Yep. That was a big mistake. That net was wide open. The Bruins seemed to have a lot of open nets and just couldn't get the puck on their sticks.

Boston is hanging tough in spite of the injuries piling up, but Chicago is getting it done now.