Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

Good win tonight. Looked like Tortorella changed up the PP and it worked...also looked a lot better 5 on 5...Lundqvist has to stop letting in so many soft goals though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Came down to which goalie was going to suck the least and the Caps were on the short end.

Not worried. Rangers don't want to get into shoot outs with the Caps. Liked that Green stepped up again and Ovie was all over the place.

Caps in 6

If Holtby keeps making these mistakes, he's going to get yanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Pens are overrated. Weak defensively and in goal again.
    How true that has been. Fleury looks like he's intentionally trying to put the puck in his own net.

Blog Entries

All tied up. Rangers seem to have found their groove offensively now, everyone getting into the action rather than just standing around like they did in the first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not worried. Rangers don't want to get into shoot outs with the Caps. Liked that Green stepped up again and Ovie was all over the place.
    They've just won two shoot outs in a row, so I'd say they don't mind a higher scoring game.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    All tied up. Rangers seem to have found their groove offensively now, everyone getting into the action rather than just standing around like they did in the first two games.

They've just won two shoot outs in a row, so I'd say they don't mind a higher scoring game.
    Homes ice seems to be the difference. But it's game by game two in a row (to me) doesn't mean much.

Blog Entries

Home ice is definitely a key factor. Rangers getting the last change is big so they can match up who they want with the Caps big guns. Saw this on Twitter:

Girardi / McDonagh: on ice for 44 of 46 Ovechkin shifts in Games 3 & 4. Ovechkin had 0 points, 3 shots and was -1.

We'll see what happens back in Washington.
    back on twitter

Sloppy game by the Caps. Holtby gave away two goals by being horribly out of position.

I would not be surprised if Oates pulls him for game 5.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can't stand Cookie either though he came across as a decent dude in the HBO special about the winter classic a couple years ago.
    I hated when the Pens signed him. Last year though, he completely turned his game around. Still a tough-as-nails enforcer, but he wasn't the dirty player like he used to be. Same thing this year. I don't really root for him, it just no longer sickens me that he's on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Pens are overrated. Weak defensively and in goal again. They're having a ton of trouble with the Islanders. Definitely beatable.
    They're mediocre defensively but I wouldn't say weak. One of the big issues is that half their top defensemen have been injured.

The bigger issue is Fleury. He's not right in the head right now. It's unfortunate, cause the guy is a really good guy that's easy to root for. But something is seriously wrong. Bylsma announced Vokoun in net tonight, which is definitely the right decision. The Pens across the board have done enough to be on rest right now. Fleury has given two games away.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    How true that has been. Fleury looks like he's intentionally trying to put the puck in his own net.
    I am 100% certain that my nine year old daughter could have stopped that sixth goal two nights ago, and she's only been on ice skates three times in her life.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I've been trying to catch all the games in each series, and I have to say that the LA Kings v. St. Louis Blues series has been the best: hard-fought, intense, outstanding hockey from the first face-off. Five exceptional games so far. Those are two really good teams.

Caps are 0-6 when up 2-0. :hammer:

Blog Entries

Gif is hilarious, but really, perfect example of why Ovechkin is a loser who will never touch the Cup.
    back on twitter