Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

The playoffs never end well for the Caps.

Quite used to the "one step forward, two steps back" way of life they put us through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Gif is hilarious, but really, perfect example of why Ovechkin is a loser who will never touch the Cup.
    Oh come on.

This is just hater nonsense.

Re: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh come on.

Pretty much. Oates system keeps Ovi almost completely out of the defensive zone (that's why he scored an insane amount of goals the last 15-20 games), he was actually further away than he looks in that gif, and with Holtby being that far out of position, the Rangers deserved to score. Holtby may as well have been sitting in the stands on that play.

That game was hard to watch. Too many mistakes, terrible calls by refs... just painful.

I don't blame the refs. They were bad but they were bad both ways.

Holtby was really the cause of the last loss. The first gaffe was flicking the puck up instead of keeping it on the ice. His second was him simply over committing in one direction and REALLY overcompensating when he tried to adjust back.

Oh come on.

How so, exactly? It is clear that if Ovi had been skating hard to get back and make a play, even if he didn't actually get there, he'd have been damn close. And it's not at all a leap to suggest that if he chose instead of just floating on skates to actually move hard at a feed to a wide-open back-side shot, he'd have been able to get a stick on it. Ovechkin dumped a giant bucket of fail all over himself there. It was embarrassing.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I can snap shot one play on Crosby, but it in GIF form and show he's a lazy bum too.

It's all about bias and context.

Finally, some disciplined play from the Caps.

If that team shows up in New York on Sunday, this series is over.

The Caps never make it easy. Never. When teams have been up 2-0 in a series, the NHL average for that team winning the series is 86%. The Caps all time average is 33%. (2 of 6) They also routinely blow 3-1 series leads as we've seen before. If they lose Game 6, you can expect a white knuckler in Game 7.

Gotta hand it to the Rangers there. Great game.

Lundqvist is just sick.

Gotta hand it to the Rangers there. Great game.

Lundqvist is just sick.
    Idk questionable calls from the refs, but when you get shutout it's a moot point. We better win tomorrow or my blood pressure might be at unhealthy levels....and I'm young.

And yea Lundqvist is unreal. I think Holtby is doing his best to match him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    We better win tomorrow or my blood pressure might be at unhealthy levels....and I'm young.
    That's life of a Caps fan.

Heartbreak comes in game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    We better win tomorrow or my blood pressure might be at unhealthy levels....and I'm young.

Get used to it...the Caps never seem to benefit from prosperity.

Always one step forward, two steps back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.