Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Who is your breakout player for this upcoming season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohs&o's View Post
    I'm also on the Roland McClain train.
    He will be cut.

Rolando might not even make the team!

Quote Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
    Jimmy Smith
    I agree with this...Deonte Thompson as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Rolando might not even make the team!
    That's why it's a prediction lad
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Bernard Pierce will be starting halfway through the year and get 1,000+ yards

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Bernard Pierce will be starting halfway through the year and get 1,000+ yards
    Not likely. Ray had a couple of rough playoff games, but he's still the superior offensive weapon to Pierce. I do think Bernard will improve and earn about 35 to 40% of the carries, but that will likely get him around 650 yards.

Ray I expect to once again break 1000 rushing and exceed his reception totals now that we need to spread Anquan's production around a bit.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I think this will be a big year for Upshaw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I'm saying Tandon Doss. Hoping he has hands this year to play that slot position, but I could see him doingvery well
    This. I know that Doss had some critical drops in the few games he appeared in, but I think all he needs is more reps, and he'll get through those jitters, like Torrey did.

Huff without a doubt. Extremely underrated player who had to deal with the black hole in Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Jimmy Smith. He proves he's not a bust and develops into a top flight corner. Also, him and his counterpart Webb stay healthy for the whole season
    I like the way you think. If this happens, we're going to be extremely difficult to beat over the course of the season.

Looking at the responses here in aggregate....in no order....

Huff, Thompson, Oher, Doss, Upshaw, Gradkowski, Dickson, Smith

It seems to me that you can look at these 8 players and say that the Ravens' season depends on these 8 guys. By that I mean that these 8 guys are the wild cards. We know what Rice or Flaco or Ngata are gonna do, basically, as long as they don't get a big injury. Same with Webb, Graham, Yanda, KO, Leach, Pitta, J McClain, Canty, even Suggs who is a little more unknown coming back from his injury. And with the rookies-Elam, Brown, Williams, etc...they are rookies so they are in a slightly different category.

But Huff, Thompson, Oher, Doss, Upshaw, Gradkowski, Dickson, Smith. These are the swing players and if most of them play really well the team will be really good but if only one or two contribute only a fair amount then the team will be hanging on to stay relevant.

Gradkowski developing makes the interior line beastly. Get two of Doss, Thompson, and Dickson to break out and the receiving corps is deadly. A big Jimmy Smith year paired with Webb makes or secondary truly shut-down. Huff would make it even better. Upshaw would be a crazy extra piece who could make the pass rush nutso and the run defense air tight.

Rolando McClain n Upshaw. Like I said, the Ravens will have the top rush d
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!