Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinny Cerrato

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vinny Cerrato

I love talk radio but I had to turn off Rob and Vinny today. What's his deal with Jacoby? Calling him selfish and a " me guy" for doing Dancing With Stars. I don't fault any player who maximizes his pockets. His window of opportunity is small. Jacoby is a role player with us at best and I never envisioned him taken over for Anquan. Vinny is wrong so many times but yet no one calls him out.

Blog Entries

Re: Vinny Cerrato

It's the off-season. Jacoby can do whatever he wants to do.

Blog Entries

I like Vinny and Rob, the only show I listen to. Don't know why they dissed Jacoby other
    than it being the off season. He can do what he wants. It has nothing to do with the
    team. HIney won it all after they got their SB trophy.

Nothing to talk about in the offseason I take it. I'm glad Jacoby is getting recognition though.

DWTS can only be a plus for the Ravens brand among casual fans.

5. Re: Vinny Cerrato

I dont see anything wrong with what vinny said. I actually agree with him. All that time and energy could be better spent working on his football game. It is within his right being that it is the off season but show some dedication to your game. Maybe work on his hands so the ball doesnt hit his body everytime a ball comes his way. Possibly work on getting faster and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaampionship View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with what vinny said. I actually agree with him. All that time and energy could be better spent working on his football game. It is within his right being that it is the off season but show some dedication to your game. Maybe work on his hands so the ball doesnt hit his body everytime a ball comes his way. Possibly work on getting faster and stronger.
    Do you spend all your time away from your job working on your job? Using that logic, maybe Vinny Cerrato should spend more time when he isn't on the radio working on his craft because he clearly sucks at what he does.

I heard the diatribe on the radio, and I think Cerrato just has a problem with Jacoby Jones, period, so he's going to attack anything he does. He called him immature for the way he jokes around and acts, so it wasn't just an issue with the dancing thing. Frankly, I think the whole thing sounded like a cultural divide - a grumpy old white man who can't stand the personality of a charismatic black man. Cerrato came across sounding like a complete loser, so it just reinforced what I think of him anyway.

Also, Jacoby Jones has said that working out for dancing is more difficult and getting him into far greater shape than any conditioning he has ever done with a football team. There goes that "getting faster and stronger" notion. Ask Lynn Swann (as others have pointed out in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by chaaampionship View Post
    i dont see anything wrong with what vinny said. I actually agree with him. All that time and energy could be better spent working on his football game. It is within his right being that it is the off season but show some dedication to your game. Maybe work on his hands so the ball doesnt hit his body everytime a ball comes his way. Possibly work on getting faster and stronger.
    plus 1
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

He's participating in a high cardio, low impact, minimal injury risk workout in a competitive setting that simultaneously improves our team's image and recognition world wide as well as his own. And it's not like we know he isn't working on his hands in private. We do know he owns a Juggs machine that he bought last offseason. Do you think he just threw it out before going on DWTS?

But I guess he could always play some pick up basketball with Sizzle instead.

I also find it amusing that Lynn Swan is always heralded for taking up dancing in the offseason for its benefits to his fitness and body control, but Jacoby does it and people feel the need to complain.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I also find it amusing that Lynn Swan is always heralded for taking up dancing in the offseason for its benefits to his fitness and body control, but Jacoby does it and people feel the need to complain.
    ^^^ This
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He's participating in a high cardio, low impact, minimal injury risk workout in a competitive setting that simultaneously improves our team's image and recognition world wide as well as his own. And it's not like we know he isn't working on his hands in private. We do know he owns a Juggs machine that he bought last offseason. Do you think he just threw it out before going on DWTS?

But I guess he could always play some pick up basketball with Sizzle instead.
    I agree with this 100%. I cannot stand any of the reality type shows like DWTS, but I have no issue with Jacoby doing this.

There are a lot worse things a football player could do in the off season then dancing, like riding a motorcycle through downtown Pittsburgh.

Blog Entries

Jacoby is great and represents Baltimore the team and city well.

Both 105.7 and Vinny Cerrato unlistenable. Finger nails on a chalkboard delivery with kindergarten off-topic discussions, not X's and O's. Living in NE I glob onto anything Baltimore sports but just can't handle 105.7.

I get better football insight about the Ravens on WEEI when the Ravens play NE; how sad. Any alternatives, other than WBAL O's pregame, and WBAL sports line at night?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Jacoby is great and represents Baltimore the team and city well.

Both 105.7 and Vinny Cerrato unlistenable. Finger nails on a chalkboard delivery with kindergarten off-topic discussions, not X's and O's. Living in NE I glob onto anything Baltimore sports but just can't handle 105.7.

I get better football insight about the Ravens on WEEI when the Ravens play NE; how sad. Any alternatives, other than WBAL O's pregame, and WBAL sports line at night?

Local sports radio everywhere is crap. SiriusXM NFL radio is on another level. It makes it very tough to go back to the local yokel guys.