Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens hire Steve Spagnuolo

Typical ravens move... Good coach with no home you hire him in anticipation of losing another coach. Pees turns this 17th into top 5 he may be getting offers himself.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It says volumes about Harbs' sense of security that he has no problem bringing a former NFL HC on board. IMHO it wouldn't have happened before or without that Super Bowl win.

Blog Entries

Very smart. There is a clear succession plan on both sides of the ball now in case on of the coordinators leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    It says volumes about Harbs' sense of security that he has no problem bringing a former NFL HC on board. IMHO it wouldn't have happened before or without that Super Bowl win.
    You mean like he did hiring Cam Cameron after he was fired from the Dolphins HC job?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Typical ravens move... Good coach with no home you hire him in anticipation of losing another coach. Pees turns this 17th into top 5 he may be getting offers himself.
    Pees has said multiple times that he only wants to be a coordinator not a hc. Plus hes older. We may finally have some coaching continuity on defense.

Great to have another good experienced coach on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakov View Post
    After seeing that we hired him my mind immedietly remembered this article back from when we beat his Rams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,wp8167
    Spags got schooled in that game. After he chilled a bit, he realized that Harbs did what was best for his team, at the time.

I like the addition.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Novakov View Post
    After seeing that we hired him my mind immedietly remembered this article back from when we beat his Rams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,wp8167
    Classic.

But this does spell trouble for dean pees. Wouldn't be surprised if he did what Mattison did and finds a job elsewhere this next offseason. Then again Ravens model themselves on consistency ala Cam Cameron

[QUOTE=conviction;626987]Classic.

But this does spell trouble for dean pees. Wouldn't be surprised if he did what Mattison did and finds a job elsewhere this next offseason. Then again Ravens model themselves on consistency ala Cam Cameron[/QUOTE

Harb s and Pags are boys. Pags would have been our d coordinator had our season not been extended in 2011. Old boy network at its finest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    You mean like he did hiring Cam Cameron after he was fired from the Dolphins HC job?
    If you mean like a 1-15 former HC who no one in the league will ever let within half a mile of a head coach opening again, yeah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    Pees has said multiple times that he only wants to be a coordinator not a hc. Plus hes older. We may finally have some coaching continuity on defense.

Great to have another good experienced coach on board.
    Havent heard that before but if true, does that include bwing offered millions to coach. Things change but i hope youre right unless a better option arises.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If you mean like a 1-15 former HC who no one in the league will ever let within half a mile of a head coach opening again, yeah.
    Well there was also the Jim Caldwell hire. Bottom line this is the 3rd former HC Harbaugh has hired, so no offense, but I think your point doesn't hold water.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Ravens just keep reloading for the future. It's good to have another defensive mind in the building as we resurrect ourselves with a younger defense ready to attack. I don't care if this person or that person replaces another person in the future..... What I care about is that the Ravens are bringing in the best minds they can find, to coach the team into another Super Bowl contender!

We all get upset when we lose a familiar or favorite player, and wonder HOW are we EVER gonna replace them..... Same seems to be for coaches now a days. Especially for the Ravens as we are annually poached by other teams. Spags is a good addition to the team! Does he end up replacing Pees? Does he move on to another team? All I care about is what he can do for our team while he is here! Like players, coaches can always be replaced..... it may hurt, but it is the life in the NFL.