Byrne Identity: Draft Edition

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-9472564403fc

John Simon has already become a favorite of mine

One thing Steve orchestrates is impressive. When the new board – nicknamed by the scouts as the “purple board” – was completed, Bisciotti asked each scout to put his name on the player he most wants the Ravens to take that day. Three scouts: Joe Douglas (our “National” scout), Milt Hendrickson (Midwest) and Andy Weidl (Northeast) put their initials on John Simon’s card.

You know what happened: we drafted Simon, a linebacker and team captain from Ohio State, near the bottom of the fourth round. Just before we selected Simon, Ozzie and Steve brought the three scouts into the room so they could be there when we picked the guy they showed so much passion for earlier that day. Kind of cool.
    Didn’t see it, but heard: After Simon signed his contract yesterday afternoon, he asked if he could use the weight room for a lift – and that’s what he did. Impressive
    It's amazing to see Bisciottie use his managing skills to get the absolute best out of the scouting department.

Blog Entries

Re: Byrne Identity: Draft Edition

I really admire Bisciotti's leadership style, as he is an incredibly savvy leader. Also, I'm very high on Simon. I think he's going to be a huge steal for us.

Cool story !

I only wish the O's had an owner like him

You know what happened: we drafted Simon, a linebacker and team captain from Ohio State, near the bottom of the fourth round. Just before we selected Simon, Ozzie and Steve brought the three scouts into the room so they could be there when we picked the guy they showed so much passion for earlier that day. Kind of cool.
    These guys must walk around the office with wood all the time. Awesome management.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Cool story !

I only wish the O's had an owner like him
    Fans of every team should want an owner like Steve Bisciotti. He's really as good as it gets. Steve is that rare combination of someone who can push to get what he wants but knows his limitations. He gets the right people, puts them in the right situations and expertly manages them. I hope he owns the Ravens for the next 50 years.

Blog Entries

Thanks, extremely interesting read
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old