Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Byrne Identity: Inside the Ravens 2013 Draft War Room

Love these kinds of articles. Notice the little tidbit at the end. John Simon is signed, sealed and delivered.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-9472564403fc

Re: Byrne Identity: Inside the Ravens 2013 Draft War Room

I thought this bit from the link was especially cool:

"When Ozzie called Aaron Mellette to tell the Elon receiver we were taking him in the seventh round, this is what we heard Ozzie say: “Yes, this is real. This is Ozzie Newsome of the Baltimore Ravens. No, no, this is no joke. Look at the area code: 4-1-0, that’s Baltimore. Really, yes, really.” After convincing him that he was being drafted by us, Oz handed the phone to Coach Harbaugh. Harbs welcomed him to the Ravens and then said: “He dropped the phone, I think. Aaron, are you there? Aaron? I think they’re watching his name on ESPN right now. Aaron, are you there? I can hear a lot of shouting and screaming. There you are. Guess you and your family were watching TV.”

Fun. We shouldn’t forget how dramatic it is for these young men to be drafted. Not to mention getting drafted by the Super Bowl champs."

I liked the 'I'm Just Sayin' section. Seems like some guys of high character -- at least on first impression. Simon asking to use the weight room after he signed is contract made me very, very happy.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Love these kinds of articles. Notice the little tidbit at the end. John Simon is signed, sealed and delivered.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-9472564403fc
    John Simon is a workout monster, guy is strong as an ox.

Love reading the Byrne Identity - great glimpse of what happens around the team.

Blog Entries

I loved the part about how Steve Bisciotti was encouraging the scouts to stand up for their guys. Hands off when it counts, but the man knows personnel management! Best owner in the NFL.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I was about to make this thread before I saw it here. Man, we are very fortunate to have a team built the way it is. Cool stories about Mellette and Simon too.

I just watched the rookie camp video and there isn't really much to see except Elam looks to be a bullet to the ball.

Blog Entries

"He makes you look in the mirror & ask yourself, Are we doing enough for this team?"

That's impressive.

Blog Entries

You can call me soft. Being an arhlete my whole life i know what these guys sacrificed and suffered through. Im very happy for each and everyone to see there dreams come true. Even those udfas that likely wont make it, they still get to be in an nfl camp and thats something knly a small percentage can say. Congrats fellas.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    "He makes you look in the mirror & ask yourself, Are we doing enough for this team?"

That's impressive.
    I'm a big OSU fan and was so pumped when I heard his named called. Absolute beast. Urban said it best, "He is a grown ass man". A future leader on this team for sure.

Mellette getting drafted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I'm a big OSU fan and was so pumped when I heard his named called. Absolute beast. Urban said it best, "He is a grown ass man". A future leader on this team for sure.
    I knew nothing about Simon before we drafted him. I've been going through and watching games of Simon and our other picks. Man I'm really happy we got Simon. Every OSU fan seems to love the guy including urban as you mentioned. I think he's going to contribute day 1 on 3rd downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk