Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens Rookie Draft Pick Signings

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Won't happen. Both sides love it.

Owners don't have to worry about overpaying unproven players, veterans get more money.
    Agreed. Would not shock me to see it used as a negotiating ploy come next time they negotiate an agreement though. Always better to concede things your ok with than things you may not want to
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I don't know how up to date or accurate it is, but here is a link to a site that tracks the signings for the league. Interesting that the Bears are the only other team other than the Ravens to have anyone signed.

It made me wonder if agents are particularly aware of how many UDFA's the Ravens like and how many of these Day Three picks will be in for some real battles for roster spots. I had noted that DeCosta said there were 35 draftable players on their board who didn't get drafted and this year's crop of UDFA signings is one of the best ever in terms of grades.

If nothing else it should make for a more interesting preseason watching the roster cuts.

P.S., it's also funny that for Ryan Jensen they didn't even have Colorado-State Pueblo in their database so that's blank.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-03-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I love the new CBA. No drama in rookie signings.
    Man, I'm with you 100% ! Always hated when some rookie was paid 10X more than a veteran, who had given his sweat and blood for a team. Let the rookies pay their dues for 4 or 5 years, then make the BIG BUCK$ if they've earned it on the field... Bc

John Simon has signed his contract.