Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where are our holes?

Of course LT will still be a concern until Mckinnie is in camp and not 400 pounds, but assuming he shows up in shape do we really have any holes?

WR - Can definitely see reason for concern for a slot reciever, but I still think it's being over exagerrated. Wait until camp to start freaking out.

C - Gino needs to step up here

ILB - Brown will lock down one of the spots, but the other is up for grabs between Mclellan, Bynes and Mclain. Not necessarily a hole, but a question mark.

Other than that I think we're looking in good shape. DL has been rebuilt and is looking solid as well as OLB and I think this is a strong DB group
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: Where are our holes?

Only holes really are WR and C, and C shouldn't be an issue if Gino plays like he did against the Bengals consistently.

WR worries me. I have a feeling a veteran will get cut that we will have interest in

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Of course LT will still be a concern until Mckinnie is in camp and not 400 pounds, but assuming he shows up in shape do we really have any holes?

WR - Can definitely see reason for concern for a slot reciever, but I still think it's being over exagerrated. Wait until camp to start freaking out.

ILB - Brown will lock down one of the spots, but the other is up for grabs between Mclellan, Bynes and Mclain. Not necessarily a hole, but a question mark.

Other than that I think we're looking in good shape. DL has been rebuilt and is looking solid as well as OLB and I think this is a strong DB group
    WR is the only spot that keeps me up nights.

I love Torrey, but he's not a top-flight #1. Meaning, I don't think he's the kind of receiver that can consistently beat double-coverage and get open when defenses roll the top-side coverage over to bracket him. He needs a good #2 to draw attention away. Which is a problem because....

-The guy who's now our default #2 (JJ) has no history of success playing that role. His best season was 2010 - 51 catches for 562 yds and 3 TDs, and I believe he was working mostly out of the slot, with Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter as the flankers.

- And...we have no proven #3.

Blog Entries

I am curious to see how much the Ravens are paying McKinnie. Then we will have a better idea of how much cap room they have left to get another WR. I am still holding out hope for a trade for Maclin.

I'm not seeing holes. WR is going to be contested and someone will emerge as the starter. They might get a FA to compete for a spot. I'd like to see depth on the offensive line which may have already been addressed in the draft.

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind there is still a lot of time and cuts will start in Fall so the roster is not set. WR is the question mark in my mind now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If any other team is looking for a hole in the 2013 Ravens defense, they will be sorely disappointed. Our "D" is strong and deep. Look for a leap well into the top 10 defenses in the NFL from our (young) Ravens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If any other team is looking for a hole in the 2013 Ravens defense, they will be sorely disappointed. Our "D" is strong and deep. Look for a leap well into the top 10 defenses in the NFL from our (young) Ravens... Bc
    I like your optimism. While we do have the bodies to plug the holes on defense, are they good bodies? That's my concern. We're counting on rookies (Elam, Brown) to make an impact, how will the new vets fit (Dumervil, Canty, Spears, McClain, and Huff), and how will the effective will be the injured (Webb and McClain)?

The defense has a lot of turnover and wouldn't be surprised if they were very inconsistent this year (hopefully become more of a force in the later part of the year).

It will be interesting to see a Ravens defense without Lewis and Reed and this will be the year for the offense to take the lead like they did during the post-season run.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post

There are holes every year, its hard for every position to be a sure thing, the closest is probably the 49ers. But this year we have more clear holes than in recent memory, just because a player was drafted doesn't mean the holes has been filled (great e.g Terrance Cody). Just because a player is first round doesn't mean they can't be a bust, and the odds of a later round player playing as well as an average starter isn't very high either.

#2 CB - no established starter, i think Jimmy Smith will get the start so he can prove that he is not a bust and is worthy of being re-signed in the future. I doubt Corey Graham is back in 2 years.

#1 CB - There are uncertainties about whether Webb can play (at least like 2 years ago) coming back from a serious injury.

NT - the rookie will probably beat Cody, doesn't necessarily mean he will be good or bad.

OLB - Terrell Suggs best year are probably behind him. He is over 30, he had an injury that can end careers or make pass rushers ineffective for the rest of their careers e.g shawn merriman, and last we saw he was seriously overweight and out of shape.

MLB - Rookie, McClain coming off a serious spinal injury (wasn't even sure if he would be back) - definitely can make you play different e.g Dawan Landry. I don't consider Rolando a starter.

SS - Rookie

LT - McKinnie, nuff said.

C - Unproven center Gradkowski, i read on his scouting report he needed to be stronger to play c in the NFL.

WR #1 - Can Torrey Smith become a reliable #1.

WR #3 - Who emerges as a slot receiver, do we even have a good one etc.

I'm glad this thread title was misleading.

Ahem...Wideout is the biggest concern at the moment.This idea will more than likely be shot down and probably rightly so, but I wouldn't mind them throwing a vet minimum offer at Braylon Edwards and see if he bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    I like your optimism. While we do have the bodies to plug the holes on defense, are they good bodies? That's my concern. We're counting on rookies (Elam, Brown) to make an impact, how will the new vets fit (Dumervil, Canty, Spears, McClain, and Huff), and how will the effective will be the injured (Webb and McClain)?

The defense has a lot of turnover and wouldn't be surprised if they were very inconsistent this year (hopefully become more of a force in the later part of the year).

It will be interesting to see a Ravens defense without Lewis and Reed and this will be the year for the offense to take the lead like they did during the post-season run.
    A well-balanced post. We might have no holes, but there are question marks:
    C, WR, ILB, any position where we are counting on a rookie to step in and play immediately at a solid level. And I agree: the new vets will need to fit in.