Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,306

    Re: Where are our holes?



    Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    WR worries me. I have a feeling a veteran will get cut that we will have interest in
    +1. Happens time and time again. Ozzie even said we'll end up getting a good player right before camp.




  2. #17

    Re: Where are our holes?

    I'm not sure why people are as worried about Suggs coming back from his injury. Yes, he may not be at the DPOY level, but does he need to be? There is a legitimate 1A pass rusher next to him now. Plus, I see the Ravens using a steady rotation to keep him fresh. Upshaw and John Simon will be good for Suggs.

    Also, if you rewatch the playoff games, Suggs was getting better each game. He had to adjust his game and use more of his bull rush, as he wasn't nearly as explosive with his get-off. I think you'll see a more complete game from him overall.




  3. #18

    Re: Where are our holes?

    At this point I see only questions to be answered not problems to be solved and I am exited to see what happens next.
    Wr is the biggest ? But I think the offense takes a big jump in the rankings and produces much more consistently. I always felt wr was an overrated position in general. We have some serious assets in all of the other position groups, and young potential in plenty of the in house prospects. Developing wrs can and does happen when you have a franchise qb who is protected.







  4. #19

    Re: Where are our holes?

    Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    I'm not sure why people are as worried about Suggs coming back from his injury. Yes, he may not be at the DPOY level, but does he need to be? There is a legitimate 1A pass rusher next to him now. Plus, I see the Ravens using a steady rotation to keep him fresh. Upshaw and John Simon will be good for Suggs.

    Also, if you rewatch the playoff games, Suggs was getting better each game. He had to adjust his game and use more of his bull rush, as he wasn't nearly as explosive with his get-off. I think you'll see a more complete game from him overall.
    Thanks. Suggs could have taken the whole year off with achilles injury but he worked his butt off to get back. Even after suffering another injury he played through it. I don't see how anyone can question his commitment and drive. It's been reported he is working his butt off in the off season and will have a bookend pass rusher to complement him this year. Expecting his play to elevate from the end of last season is realistic, no purple glasses needed.




  5. #20

    Re: Where are our holes?

    Sure the rookies are going to have some growing pains and may get off to a slow start. Sure we're going to miss the genius anticipation Ray and Ed brought to the game. But we're going to be significantly more athletic, we'll get consistent pressure from our front four, and the sky is the limit for Joe under Caldwell. We have a ton of talent and no gaping weaknesses. I can't wait for Denver!




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Thanks. Suggs could have taken the whole year off with achilles injury but he worked his butt off to get back. Even after suffering another injury he played through it. I don't see how anyone can question his commitment and drive. It's been reported he is working his butt off in the off season and will have a bookend pass rusher to complement him this year. Expecting his play to elevate from the end of last season is realistic, no purple glasses needed.
    Well said.

    Terrell Suggs has really grown up. He knows this team needs a new leader and he has seen first hand what it takes from the GOAT.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hate to say it but the big unknown is injury. It hits every team, just some harder than others
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    104

    Re: Where are our holes?

    WR maybe our current weakness. However, if they can design a plan for a slot receiver and have the TE that catch on the slants as well, we can be okay without Boldin. While I love Torrey and Jacobby, we need a slot and short pass receiver that compliments everything as well




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,667
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where are our holes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hate to say it but the big unknown is injury. It hits every team, just some harder than others
    You can say that about any team in any year. In fact you could probably say that the greatest determiners of success or failure in the NFL are things you can't plan for (injuries & turnovers). But if ever there's been a team built to overcome injuries, it's this one. Good grief, look at last year--Suggs out with the Achilles & then the arm, Webb & Ray lost in the Dallas game, Pollard and Yanda missing a couple of games--& tell me again where they finished?




  10. #25

    Re: Where are our holes?

    What does his work ethic have to do with the severity of his injury?

    I'm sure he is doing everything he can to come back and I'm fully aware that he gutted it out last year.

    That doesn't change the fact that he is on the wrong side of 30 with an injury that these days is harder to come back from than ACL tears.

    We'll see how he does.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where are our holes?

    I like how Ozzie has built this roster for 2013. Defense got young and fast, offense stayed intact (other than Boldin and Birk). Can't underestimate the value of continuity, and the offense has it.

    One concern I have is whether or not Koch can bounce back from a pretty sub par 2012. IMO his worst to date. It might serve the team well to bring in some competition for camp.

    All in all, I think we are good and should be the favorites to win a 3rd straight division crown.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 05-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.




  12. #27

    Re: Where are our holes?

    Biggest questions are at the safety positions. Really don't know about huff and Elam and there isn't much else.




  13. #28

    Re: Where are our holes?

    I'd say WR and C. But I am very confident in Torrey, am high on Deonte, and think Doss will prove to be much better than a lot of people think. Look out for Streeter as well.

    I also liked the way Gradkowski played against Geno Atkins in Week 17, who was probably the best DT in the NFL last season.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland