Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Where are our holes?

Of course LT will still be a concern until Mckinnie is in camp and not 400 pounds, but assuming he shows up in shape do we really have any holes?

WR - Can definitely see reason for concern for a slot reciever, but I still think it's being over exagerrated. Wait until camp to start freaking out.

C - Gino needs to step up here

ILB - Brown will lock down one of the spots, but the other is up for grabs between Mclellan, Bynes and Mclain. Not necessarily a hole, but a question mark.

Other than that I think we're looking in good shape. DL has been rebuilt and is looking solid as well as OLB and I think this is a strong DB group
    Formerly runrayrun27

Blog Entries

Re: Where are our holes?

Only holes really are WR and C, and C shouldn't be an issue if Gino plays like he did against the Bengals consistently.

WR worries me. I have a feeling a veteran will get cut that we will have interest in

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    WR worries me. I have a feeling a veteran will get cut that we will have interest in
    +1. Happens time and time again. Ozzie even said we'll end up getting a good player right before camp.

I'm not sure why people are as worried about Suggs coming back from his injury. Yes, he may not be at the DPOY level, but does he need to be? There is a legitimate 1A pass rusher next to him now. Plus, I see the Ravens using a steady rotation to keep him fresh. Upshaw and John Simon will be good for Suggs.

Also, if you rewatch the playoff games, Suggs was getting better each game. He had to adjust his game and use more of his bull rush, as he wasn't nearly as explosive with his get-off. I think you'll see a more complete game from him overall.

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    I'm not sure why people are as worried about Suggs coming back from his injury. Yes, he may not be at the DPOY level, but does he need to be? There is a legitimate 1A pass rusher next to him now. Plus, I see the Ravens using a steady rotation to keep him fresh. Upshaw and John Simon will be good for Suggs.

Also, if you rewatch the playoff games, Suggs was getting better each game. He had to adjust his game and use more of his bull rush, as he wasn't nearly as explosive with his get-off. I think you'll see a more complete game from him overall.
    Thanks. Suggs could have taken the whole year off with achilles injury but he worked his butt off to get back. Even after suffering another injury he played through it. I don't see how anyone can question his commitment and drive. It's been reported he is working his butt off in the off season and will have a bookend pass rusher to complement him this year. Expecting his play to elevate from the end of last season is realistic, no purple glasses needed.

At this point I see only questions to be answered not problems to be solved and I am exited to see what happens next.
    Wr is the biggest ? But I think the offense takes a big jump in the rankings and produces much more consistently. I always felt wr was an overrated position in general. We have some serious assets in all of the other position groups, and young potential in plenty of the in house prospects. Developing wrs can and does happen when you have a franchise qb who is protected.

I am curious to see how much the Ravens are paying McKinnie. Then we will have a better idea of how much cap room they have left to get another WR. I am still holding out hope for a trade for Maclin.

I'm not seeing holes. WR is going to be contested and someone will emerge as the starter. They might get a FA to compete for a spot. I'd like to see depth on the offensive line which may have already been addressed in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Of course LT will still be a concern until Mckinnie is in camp and not 400 pounds, but assuming he shows up in shape do we really have any holes?

WR - Can definitely see reason for concern for a slot reciever, but I still think it's being over exagerrated. Wait until camp to start freaking out.

C - Gino needs to step up here

ILB - Brown will lock down one of the spots, but the other is up for grabs between Mclellan, Bynes and Mclain. Not necessarily a hole, but a question mark.

Other than that I think we're looking in good shape. DL has been rebuilt and is looking solid as well as OLB and I think this is a strong DB group
    WR is the only spot that keeps me up nights.

I love Torrey, but he's not a top-flight #1. Meaning, I don't think he's the kind of receiver that can consistently beat double-coverage and get open when defenses roll the top-side coverage over to bracket him. He needs a good #2 to draw attention away. Which is a problem because....

-The guy who's now our default #2 (JJ) has no history of success playing that role. His best season was 2010 - 51 catches for 562 yds and 3 TDs, and I believe he was working mostly out of the slot, with Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter as the flankers.

- And...we have no proven #3.

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind there is still a lot of time and cuts will start in Fall so the roster is not set. WR is the question mark in my mind now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If any other team is looking for a hole in the 2013 Ravens defense, they will be sorely disappointed. Our "D" is strong and deep. Look for a leap well into the top 10 defenses in the NFL from our (young) Ravens... Bc