Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: McKinnie returns.

I'm really hoping this is just a depth move. 31 other teams passed on the guy, and many of them have much worse LT situations than we do. An out-of-shape, overweight, motivationally challenged, aging LT is not setting off any champagne corks in my house tonight.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Blog Entries

at the very least we now have some continuity on the Oline it still strengthens the inner line with Yanda and KO at Gaurd, Gino im still worried about.

Wow. Didn't think this would happen, but am very pleased that they were able to work out a deal. Any idea how much the contract is for?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    well now it depends on what Mckinnie shows up, motivated Mckinnie is top 8 at best, not motivated Mckinnie spells trouble
    I'm not sure this is true. Historically, even when McKinnie wasn't in very good shape, he was still a pretty decent LT.

Re: McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

Wonderful. Maybe like flacco he'll go to McDonald's to celebrate. Only I think he'll opt for the 30 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm really hoping this is just a depth move. 31 other teams passed on the guy, and many of them have much worse LT situations than we do. An out-of-shape, overweight, motivationally challenged, aging LT is not setting off any champagne corks in my house tonight.
    It's not so much getting him back as it is keeping oher at RT and osemele at G. I'm ecstatic about seeing that oline from the playoffs play 16 games

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm not sure this is true. Historically, even when McKinnie wasn't in very good shape, he was still a pretty decent LT.
    At 23, and at 28, and maybe even at 31. But he's 34 now. How much longer you think he can continue to be lazy and still decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    at the very least we now have some continuity on the Oline it still strengthens the inner line with Yanda and KO at Gaurd, Gino im still worried about.
    This!

And it keeps Oher at RT, a position he is at least above average at.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Ozzie is in their brain. No where was it reported that the Ravens were interested in him. Miami and San Diego opened up their expense account and bought Big Mac shrimp cocktail followed by surf and turf. Both of those organizations don't have the confidence to sign what they perceived to be the Ravens trash. It's obvious the Ravens wanted him back now despite previous speculation.

I... did not see this coming.

This was really the last possible solution to our LT problem for this season. Moving Osemele was an option of last resort. Let's hope we can keep him properly incentivized.

Nice to see. Hopefully he can put in the effort and play as well as he can. The O-line looks much better with KO at LG and Oher and RT now. I wonder how much the contract is for and how much guaranteed and any kind of incentives or things like weight clauses.

Blog Entries

I firmly believe we are one of the two best teams in the AFC right now, neck and neck with Denver.

1a- Denver
    1b-Baltimore
    3- Cincy
    4- New England
    5- Indianapolis
    6- Houston
    7- Miami
    8- Pittsburgh
    9- San Diego
    10-Cleveland
    11- Kansas City
    12- Tennessee
    13-16 Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland, Jacksonville

The NFC is sooooo much better than the AFC this year IMO. The AFC has 7-8 teams that I would qualify as pure crap.

Blog Entries

Classic Ozzie move. Letting FA test the waters then come in at at a slightly better deal. Right player/right price.

This is... lemonade.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver