Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie returns.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The funny part is that theoretically, if you're in the NFL for 5-7 years, you should be set up for life and NEVER half to work again. I know a lot of guys go into TV but if you're not a complete idiot, you shouldn't have to.

In that 30 for 30 documentary, Herman Edwards was talking to players and telling them that they can buy nice shit, as long as they only buy 1 of each. 1 Ferrari. 1 huge house. 1 huge TV. Because they can afford that. But they can't afford 5 Ferrari's and properties all over the country.

Seriously though, most players could live the rest of their lives not having to work a day if they stuck to that. If they stuck 1-2 million in bonds or annuities and then just lived off their nest egg of maybe 10-12 million made over the course of their career. There's plenty of room for a sick house, a sick car, and a high standard of living. As long as they just get 1 of each.
    There's also another option. When an athlete "retires", he is still a relatively young man. He can actually go to work. Yes, with his $5 million in the bank (if he's smart), he can find a 9 to 5 job like the rest of us. Where is it written that a 35 year old has to sleep 'til noon? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Where is it written that a 35 year old has to sleep 'til noon? ... Bc
    Bc, has your sister-in-law weighed in on this question? Not sure how close she is to 35, though...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Bc, has your sister-in-law weighed in on this question? Not sure how close she is to 35, though...
    She would have to look through the rear-view mirror of life to ever see 35 again...or her last experience with gainful employment for that matter ... Bc

4. Re: McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The Sun reported that it includes a signing bonus, incentive bonus and workout bonus. Personally, I hope he gets every penny of it since it would mean he was in shape and playing well. 7m for 2 years is not a bad price for a starting LT.
    I am on the same page as Bigfish. The line protected better with McKinnie in last year and Oher on the Right side. Plus, with Birk retiring, having as few moving parts as possible in the line is a good thing IMO. I am not sure how Gradkowski will do in there. Apparently the Ravens feel he's ready so I hope he's maybe bulked up a bit as I recall he seemed a tad light for an NFL center out of college....I could be wrong on that though. Secondly, I like the idea of a fairly stable line due to the loss of Boldin...T Smith is gonna get a lot of attention this year till one of the younger WRs steps up and takes some heat off of him. The longer the line can hold blocks...just 1/2 a second or so gives Smith a chance to unravel the coverage a bit hopefully.

Blog Entries
    Kirwan also said SD should've never let him leave without signing. Amateurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Kirwan also said SD should've never let him leave without signing. Amateurs.
    I beg your pardon, but the Chargers signed Gaither didn't they so they must know what they're doing... Bc

Blog Entries

Oh man, if BcRaven's sister ever reads this board.......................
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Where is it written that a 35 year old has to sleep 'til noon? ... Bc
    Damn right. That's what college is for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Oh man, if BcRaven's sister ever reads this board.......................
    In the spirit of this classic commercial, let me put it this way:

Bc's sister, nema problema.

Bc's wife's sister, big problema....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Damn right. That's what college is for.
    What if said 35 year old worked the graveyard shift?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's the key. You live mostly like you do now and you'd still have plenty for extras. Most of these guys don't want to live that way. I still remember that stupid truck that Chris McAlister used to drive. It looked like a tractor trailer cap it was so damn big and it was covered in all sorts of shiny crap. Now he's broke and wonders why.
    First off, how many of us, if at 22 were given a big pile of cash, wouldn't go out and spend it on some extravagant items?

I am not saying they are not foolish to spend the money the way some do, but I also don't think I could have applied the wisdom that I have at 47 due to years of experience back when I was 22. But maybe that is just me...

One more point: Some of these guys are the first members of their extended families to make any real money. There has to be some pretty incredible financial demands from inside their family on some of them when they get their first big paycheck. Again, this is not to excuse the foolish spending, but it is a factor that I don't think has been discussed much in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    In the spirit of this classic commercial, let me put it this way:

Bc's sister, nema problema.

Bc's wife's sister, big problema....
    She can read?