Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: And here we go again... when will the media learn.

Anyone remember where the Ravens ranked for the week 16 power ranking list?

We all remember where they ranked after winning the Super Bowl.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    And here we go again....fans over reacting to pointless, meaningless lists/rankings/opinion pieces.

Do we really need to have another season of a new thread every single time someone, somewhere doesn't like the Ravens?
    Right you are. It seems like about every 10th thread is hand-wringing over some pundit/source because they are perceived as dissing the Ravens. I just don't get why this seems to upset people so much. Isn't the satisfaction of a fresh Lombardi more than enough to offset the slings and arrows of the media pundits (most of whom are in it more for publicity/attention/clicks rather than any kind of thoughtful sports reporting)?

Oh well. I guess we can expect even more of this during the dead zone between draft and training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Like 16 or 17, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone remember where the Ravens ranked for the week 16 power ranking list?

I think it is hilarious that the team that lost the SB is regarded higher than the team that won the SB, even though, obviously, the team that won the SB beat the team that lost the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    In season power rankings are a joke. Preseason ones are just absurd. The best you can hope to do is say these teams are expected to be good and these teams bad. Even that can be a crap shoot.
    Agreed.

Just wanted to add that IIRC, the Ravens are probably ranked 9th more than any other position year in and year out. Seems like that's a favorite pick for us amongst the media talking heads. Now the so called "league analysts" have evidently joined their ranks, although the NFLNer's don't appear to be much different, if not even less studied than their mainstream media counterparts.

I'd also like to note that this may be the first time the Steelers are ranked significantly below us at 19th. Blind squirrel and the nut? - Or have they actually wiped the slobber from their chins after years of shameless ballwashing and been born anew?
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

FWIW SVP and Russillo just said that the Ravens had the best off season so far. The media is what the media is. Not everybody hates the Ravens.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    FWIW SVP and Russillo just said that the Ravens had the best off season so far. The media is what the media is. Not everybody hates the Ravens.
    Love their show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I flipped on NFLN and watched a show on the top ten defenses of all time. The show was made in 2009 so I know it was shown before. I was expecting #2 or at the worst #3 for the 2000 defense even though I would disagree. They finished 7th? I'm without words and won't digress into why this is crap. I set myself up by deciding it would be a worthwhile investment of my time.

Back on point, media bias obviously exists and should be expected. It's just something a Ravens fan has to deal with. As many posters on here know, analyst cherry pick facts to support their position. Best to ignore those goobers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    In season power rankings are a joke. Preseason ones are just absurd. The best you can hope to do is say these teams are expected to be good and these teams bad. Even that can be a crap shoot.
    Same thing with "strength of schedule" in May.

We have no idea what these teams are going to be yet. A preseason injury to Manning (not that I'm hoping for one) turns Denver from Super Bowl contender to cupcake...look to his last season in Indianapolis for evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Same thing with "strength of schedule" in May.

We have no idea what these teams are going to be yet. A preseason injury to Manning (not that I'm hoping for one) turns Denver from Super Bowl contender to cupcake...look to his last season in Indianapolis for evidence.
    Or just look at Indianapolis last year....I am sure Houston thought that was an easy "W" on their schedule in December at the start of the off-season.

Those rankings are ridiculous. Cleveland Browns at #24. WTF?