Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: And here we go again... when will the media learn.

And here we go again....fans over reacting to pointless, meaningless lists/rankings/opinion pieces.

Do we really need to have another season of a new thread every single time someone, somewhere doesn't like the Ravens?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

The lower the 'media' rate the Ravens the better I like it. Just that much more fun when they are proven wrong by the actual results!

Blog Entries

Another gem...he has Pitt down two spots. Reasoning? "They are relying on a bunch of KIDS to produce this year"...

So apparently, it'd be better if they held onto declining overpriced talent and used them this year, over some very high potential draft picks.

Yawn, moving on.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

More fuel to the fire: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...op-100-players

Can't say I disagree though. JJ I think might've deserved a spot, but Pollard is a bit of a reach. JJ was at least voted a Pro Bowler, clearly the best return man in the league last year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I like it. If anything, it helps to keep that chip on our shoulders.
    That's fine with me.
    Keep saying we aren't good enough.
    It shows those bozos never, EVER, learn.
    They were all wrong last year and they are still pissed because they all looked stupid.

The truth is, the team the Ravens put on the field will get better every week, every game.
    The defense will be so much better by week 8, then at week 1, as this new group of guys get used to playing together.
    And that's bad for the rest of the league...because if the Ravens defense indeed returns, the Ravens may make another 5 year run in the playoffs.
    Enjoy this time Raven fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I like it. If anything, it helps to keep that chip on our shoulders.
    That's fine with me.
    Moi aussi, mon ami.

Per Bisciotti, I dunno how many more Lombardis it's gonna take to get all those chips off our collective shoulders--but once we pile 'em all together & toss in a match, this city's gonna have one helluva weenie roast to celebrate...

Blog Entries

Anyone remember where the Ravens ranked for the week 16 power ranking list?

We all remember where they ranked after winning the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    And here we go again....fans over reacting to pointless, meaningless lists/rankings/opinion pieces.

Do we really need to have another season of a new thread every single time someone, somewhere doesn't like the Ravens?
    Right you are. It seems like about every 10th thread is hand-wringing over some pundit/source because they are perceived as dissing the Ravens. I just don't get why this seems to upset people so much. Isn't the satisfaction of a fresh Lombardi more than enough to offset the slings and arrows of the media pundits (most of whom are in it more for publicity/attention/clicks rather than any kind of thoughtful sports reporting)?

Oh well. I guess we can expect even more of this during the dead zone between draft and training camp. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Like 16 or 17, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone remember where the Ravens ranked for the week 16 power ranking list?

I think it is hilarious that the team that lost the SB is regarded higher than the team that won the SB, even though, obviously, the team that won the SB beat the team that lost the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    In season power rankings are a joke. Preseason ones are just absurd. The best you can hope to do is say these teams are expected to be good and these teams bad. Even that can be a crap shoot.
    Agreed.

Just wanted to add that IIRC, the Ravens are probably ranked 9th more than any other position year in and year out. Seems like that's a favorite pick for us amongst the media talking heads. Now the so called "league analysts" have evidently joined their ranks, although the NFLNer's don't appear to be much different, if not even less studied than their mainstream media counterparts. ;)

I'd also like to note that this may be the first time the Steelers are ranked significantly below us at 19th. Blind squirrel and the nut? - Or have they actually wiped the slobber from their chins after years of shameless ballwashing and been born anew? :D
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

FWIW SVP and Russillo just said that the Ravens had the best off season so far. The media is what the media is. Not everybody hates the Ravens.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee