Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    FWIW SVP and Russillo just said that the Ravens had the best off season so far. The media is what the media is. Not everybody hates the Ravens.
    Love their show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: And here we go again... when will the media learn.

I flipped on NFLN and watched a show on the top ten defenses of all time. The show was made in 2009 so I know it was shown before. I was expecting #2 or at the worst #3 for the 2000 defense even though I would disagree. They finished 7th? I'm without words and won't digress into why this is crap. I set myself up by deciding it would be a worthwhile investment of my time.

Back on point, media bias obviously exists and should be expected. It's just something a Ravens fan has to deal with. As many posters on here know, analyst cherry pick facts to support their position. Best to ignore those goobers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    In season power rankings are a joke. Preseason ones are just absurd. The best you can hope to do is say these teams are expected to be good and these teams bad. Even that can be a crap shoot.
    Same thing with "strength of schedule" in May.

We have no idea what these teams are going to be yet. A preseason injury to Manning (not that I'm hoping for one) turns Denver from Super Bowl contender to cupcake...look to his last season in Indianapolis for evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Same thing with "strength of schedule" in May.

We have no idea what these teams are going to be yet. A preseason injury to Manning (not that I'm hoping for one) turns Denver from Super Bowl contender to cupcake...look to his last season in Indianapolis for evidence.
    Or just look at Indianapolis last year....I am sure Houston thought that was an easy "W" on their schedule in December at the start of the off-season.

Those rankings are ridiculous. Cleveland Browns at #24. WTF?