Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Over the Top Stadium designs

All I want is to use my smart phone during the game. We really suck when it comes to data usage with phones.

I just saw that Florida legislature decided not to move forward on plans to update The Dolphins stadium and that is about the same age as the Georgia Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I just saw that Florida legislature decided not to move forward on plans to update The Dolphins stadium and that is about the same age as the Georgia Dome.
    Sun Life Stadium is five years older than the Georgia Dome and its a dump.

I agree with Houston. There is only so much remodeling that can be done to the current structure. The improvements that are being made right now are for show and not substance. Covering up the steel with brick may look pretty, but they are limited as to enclosing it with a roof.

Believe me, when the day comes that Steve Bisciotti speaks about needing a new stadium, the politicians will stand up and take notice. His voice will not be ignored. There is no way they will let this team sneak away and relocate. There will always be a way to finance a stadium if it is for the Ravens. The NFL is in constant remodeling mode and are doing everything to enhance fan experience whether or not the fans want it. I definitely see this conversation coming up in 10-15 years max.

The only team that can survive in a really old stadium is Green Bay, because it is owned by stockholders, not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sun Life Stadium is five years older than the Georgia Dome and its a dump.
    And yet:

The stadium has hosted five Super Bowls (XXIII, XXIX, XXXIII, XLI and XLIV), four BCS National Championship Games (2001, 2005, 2009, 2013) and has served as host for the second round of the 2009 World Baseball Classic, WrestleMania XXVIII, and hosted the 2010 Pro Bowl.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Life_Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Weather is the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    They won't be getting any more Super Bowls or World Baseball Classics and likely no more pro bowls until they make major renovations.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

M&T is good enough. No need to worry about replacing The Vault yet. Focus on our Ravens.

I love M&T, its not even old. also i guarantee Camden Yards will win the bid for the All Star game. they have done SO MUCH to that stadium the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by BohBalmer View Post
    I love M&T, its not even old. also i guarantee Camden Yards will win the bid for the All Star game. they have done SO MUCH to that stadium the last few years
    Camden Yards did host the MLB All-Star game once already, back in 1994.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Miami-Dade County is still on the hook for ~$375 million in the new Marlins stadium debacle. They've already passed off tax increases to try and pay for that mess. They are not about to impose another tax to make renovations to Sun Life while the Marlins debacle is still fresh on everyone's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Miami-Dade County is still on the hook for ~$375 million in the new Marlins stadium debacle. They've already passed off tax increases to try and pay for that mess. They are not about to impose another tax to make renovations to Sun Life while the Marlins debacle is still fresh on everyone's mind.
    The city is too corrupt not to try to passing more taxes.