Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Over the Top Stadium designs

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The boy's a genius. Call me crazy, but I love the crap-weather games. Go to a 72 degree late September game and you see lots of casual fans, football widows going to their one game of the year, business men in purple polo shirts, etc.

Go to a December game where the kickoff temperature is 33 degrees, it's windy, they're calling for light rain/snow mix - the only people there are hardcore idiots who simply refuse to miss home games.
    Yup, he graduated # 1 in his class with a 4.0 average. He sure didn't take after me. Like
    Bush, I was a C student-lol but like my sis always says, I did pretty well for myself
    retiring at 55 and living in the best area in the state on the water and I got the chick
    in the pic.

The cheerleaders always came thru the club level about an hour before the game. One time
    with about 300 guys up there the best looking blonde spots my nephew and walks up to him. He was also blonde and was 6'1 in the 10th grade. I was about 30 yds away getting a drink. All those guys and she walked up to him.

She said, who are you with and he pointed to me and said my uncle. She must have noticed me undressing her with my eyes and got a disgusted look and left. I walked over and said you stud. You got the best looking girl in the stadium talking to you. Did you get her number. He said nah, she was too old. She was 21 and he was 16 but you should see
    his wife. She's even better looking. I damn proud of him.

As for the pussy statement, I paid my dues sitting on those hard cold wooden bleachers on top of Memorial Stadium from 57 til the day Colts left so I deserve to be pampered-lol.
    I was one of the snow ball throwers bombarding the Raiders when they came out of the tunnel. They went back in there were so many snow balls hitting them-lol.

The big bad Raiders had to wait for the cops to throw all the throwers out. It delayed the
    game by 30 mins. That was the year we won SB 5. Can you see fans doing that today
    with SAFE around. ILMAO.

Football was meant to be played outside in the cold, rain and snow. That's what made
    it so fun as a kid and even in high school and college. Loved diving for a pass and
    sliding 20 feet in the snow after making a great catch.

I sat in section 222 and paid $200 pr ticket the last time I went. Haven't been to the
    stadium in 5 years so I don't know what they cost now.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

The oldest will obviously be Lambeau, and I'm not counting Soldier Field since it was redone. But I still have a hard time believing that the Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Jaguars, Bills, Dolphins, St, Louis, Tampa, New Orleans, Carolina, & Washington will ALL be playing in new stadiums within the next 15 years. I'd agree to top 10, maybe even top 5, but that's stretching it, IMO. And again, old does not necessarily mean needs replacement, as John pointed out.

Bottom line, I think you guys don't like M&T only because it doesn't have a roof. No one has yet to show me one single shred of evidence that M&T is hurting Steve's bottom line, now or anytime soon. You guys just seem to dig the bells and whistles of Jerryworld and the like. Nothing wrong with that, but IMO it renders your argument illegitimate.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Betcha that if a poll were taken of Ravens PSL holders about adding a retractable roof, the majority would support them. Outdoor stadiums are great in October into late November, i.e. "sweater weather", the traditional football season. But no-shows abound throughout the NFL's stadiums from December on.

We came close to having a retractable roof for this stadium, before politics killed it. It had been justified as an annex to our undersized convention center. I have no idea if the concept will come up again, regardless of Danny Snyder's plans. If it does, I would hope it happens.
    Completely disagree with your statement. Fans do not want to sit in some dingy stadium, spending hundreds of dollars on tickets, to watch a football game.

Blog Entries

That ancient Gator Bowl in Jacksonville is pretty old too and it got a team before us
    with a new stadium waiting to be built but we all know that story.

Their club level is a piece of shit and so is Indy's a new dome. Just a dumpy room with cheap food.

Ravens stadium has some of the best crab cakes around the last time I was in there. I
    always got a crab cake in the club level.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Completely disagree with your statement. Fans do not want to sit in some dingy stadium, spending hundreds of dollars on tickets, to watch a football game.
    If that were the case, fans wouldn't be in stadiums such as Reliant.

Yet they have a pretty decent sell out record ... 80 games I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If that were the case, fans wouldn't be in stadiums such as Reliant.

Yet they have a pretty decent sell out record ... 80 games I believe.
    That's one example. Most fans prefer to watch football games outside.

Blog Entries

They sat in that dumpy ASU in Phoenix for couple of decades before getting a new dome. Bidwell had a better stadium in St Louis. I've been in both stadiums many times and they're
    still sitting in the ancient Gator Bowl and Lambeau Field albeit with face lifts but still
    dumps compared to the new ones. Lambaeu has tons of bleacher seats all around. It's like
    an old college stadium with a face lift and GB is one of the coldest venues in the country.
    Also OAK's stadium isn't so new either.

That's one example. Most fans prefer to watch football games outside.
    Source? Or is this just opinion?

Source? Or is this just opinion?
    I do not need a source for something that is common sense.

I do not need a source for something that is common sense.
    Ah. So it's simply your opinion. Got it.

Ah. So it's simply your opinion. Got it.
    It appears what you said was an opinion. I know my facts.

It appears what you said was an opinion. I know my facts.
    Clearly not.

Maybe most fans prefer outside football, maybe not. But your statement, outside any facts or source is simply, by definition, an opinion.

And given that the Saints, Texans, Colts, Vikings, etc all enjoy frequent sell outs every year, I'd say it appears that a lot of fans, at a minimum, are quite ok with inside football.