Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Over the Top Stadium designs

I just looked at the pdf demonstration for the Atlanta Falcons new stadium design configurations from nfl.com. The first one, Pantheon design, with the retractable roof is just a monstrosity, but the second one, Solarium design, looks like something you could just cover any existing stadium with.

This is why I am posting this. If the Falcons Stadium that was built for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics is getting old enough to replace, then the Ravens stadium has got to be close as well. I always wondered if it would be possible to just enclose the current stadium, and looking at the slide show posted under concept designs at the above link it looks like that could be a possibility, with the Solarium design. I don't think there is anything wrong with M&T Bank Stadium, but in this crazy "gotta keep up with the Jerry Jones'" world, do you think it is going to be time to build a new stadium for the Ravens anytime soon?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Re: Over the Top Stadium designs

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    The first one, Pantheon design, with the retractable roof is just a monstrosity
    I think the Pantheon design looks cool as s**t. I can't decide if it looks more like the inside of a camera lens, a flower, or the death ray from Independence Day.

"This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I just think that is too much. Frame 40 with the open and closed Solarium just looks better to me. The Oculus is just too crazy looking.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

This thread pops up 2-3 times a year. Be prepared for a lot of strong opinions.

As for the Falcons stadium design, I like the Pantheon design. It's very unique.

Blog Entries

I just think that is too much. Frame 40 with the open and closed Solarium just looks better to me. The Oculus is just too crazy looking.
    Oculus/Pantheon seems to have more features as a multi-purpose stadium. Looks very Futbol style. And they also show basketball configuration which makes sense.

Not that Solarium can't feature other sports, but I get the vibe that if they're going to plop down a ton of money, go for unique.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think this is like a concept car... It's a bunch of artists brainstorming of what could be. Once there is a budget, engineers, and all of the other bureaucrats involved it will look much more like an American Football Stadium.

I looked at these PDFs this morning and it was cool to look through. I thought the sales pitch and wording in the presentation was very odd and seemed unprofessional.

See no reason for the Baltimore taxpayers to drastically overpay to revamp either of our stadiums. Neiher may be "fresh" but both are still TOP NOTCH.

the most interesting thing i saw was "impact seating" that rumbles with every hit lol.

i agree with others, it looks much more futbol than football...

Wow. The Pantheon design is stunning. Too much? Maybe.

I doubt it will, but if it actually came to fruition, it will be an architectural marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I think the Pantheon design looks cool as s**t. I can't decide if it looks more like the inside of a camera lens, a flower, or the death ray from Independence Day.

If that stadium were in Dallas, it would be known as "The Glory Hole".

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    If that stadium were in Dallas, it would be known as "The Glory Hole".

Blog Entries

This is why I am posting this. If the Falcons Stadium that was built for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics is getting old enough to replace, then the Ravens stadium has got to be close as well.
    Um, I think you have your Lanna stadia confoozled:
    Centennial Olympic Stadium was the 85,000-seat main stadium of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta....After the Olympics and Paralympics, it was reconstructed into the baseball-specific Turner Field.
    Where the Falcons play is 4 years older: "Not only is the Georgia Dome the home stadium for the NFL's Atlanta Falcons football team, the Georgia Dome has hosted some of the sporting world's most exciting athletic events since opening in 1992."

I don't think there is anything wrong with M&T Bank Stadium, but in this crazy "gotta keep up with the Jerry Jones'" world, do you think it is going to be time to build a new stadium for the Ravens anytime soon?
    Why do we have to keep up with The Gloryholer?