Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Over the Top Stadium designs

It's ridiculous to think that every city should eventually have something like Jerry World downtown. I'm not buying that Bisciotti already planted the seed to build a retractable roof stadium or some other monstrosity in Baltimore. In fact, he inherited Modell's sweetheart deal at M&T that runs through to 2026.. That deal includes 100% of concessions, parking and advertising. I will GUARANTEE Bisciotti isn't about to cancel any part of that deal before 2026. A new stadium would wipe the slate clean and take money out of Steve' pocket in the process. Not gonna happen.

Oh, and I might add.. Biscuit doesn't pay a rent to the city like most teams pay to their respective cities that own the stadiums. That's another part of the sweetheart deal he inherited from Modell.

My opinion is he's just fine with sitting back with his golden key and also letting the Stadium Authority shell out big bucks for upgrades.
    Last edited by Ravenboy2003; 05-05-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Because I wanted to