Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

AFC North - Top 5 UDFAs to watch

Ravens got two on the list...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...okies-to-watch

Furstenburg and Gaines, for those who boycott Hensley

Said Gaines' biggest knock is lack of starting experience, but mean streak, superb measurables, just needs to hit the weight room, could've gone 5th round.

Furtsenburg lacks ideal size and only had 16 catches last year, but project mid-round pick and had 2nd fastest TE 40 time.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: AFC North - Top 5 UDFAs to watch

Here is a local favorite: Gerrard Sheppard from Towson

I really like them both. Gaines' size alone makes him a very liable candidate at LT. Obviously he is a project, but I bet Castillo is excited to work with him. I think Furstenberg could emerge as our #3 TE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I really like them both. Gaines' size alone makes him a very liable candidate at LT. Obviously he is a project, but I bet Castillo is excited to work with him. I think Furstenberg could emerge as our #3 TE.
    I like Gaines a lot as well. Even if he doesn't develop into a starting LT, he might develop into a starting RT should the Ravens not re-sign Oher to a long-term contract.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 05-02-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I like Gaines a lot as well. Even if he doesn't develop into a starting LT, be might develop into a starting RT should the Ravens not re-sign Oher to a long-term contract.
    Yes, the Ravens took Harewood in the 6th round (3 years ago ?), but he hasn't developed quite well. Gaines, although from a small school, has great size and did have two years of starting experience... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes, the Ravens took Harewood in the 6th round (3 years ago ?), but he hasn't developed quite well. Gaines, although from a small school, has great size and did have two years of starting experience... Bc
    Keep in mind, Harewood didn't play football until College and lived in Barbados where cricket is the number one sport. I am assuming Gaines has played football at least since HS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Keep in mind, Harewood didn't play football until College and lived in Barbados where cricket is the number one sport. I am assuming Gaines has played football at least since HS.
    Also, Harewood was on IR for 2 of his 3 years and had surgeries on both knees.

Blog Entries

I like both. Furstenberg will make this team if for no other reason than to replace Dickson or Pitta next year without skipping a beat. I like his speed and hands and frankly if it wasnt for going through 6 QBs last year, hed like have been drafted.

Gaines has a lot of things to like. massive frame, long arms (36.75" longest in the draft), and most scouting reports say strength is one of his biggest weaknesses, which i trust our staff to be able to fix more than anything. I doubt he makes the team this year. A guy like Jack Cornell that the team was high on last year and has had that year of conditioning probably makes it over him but he should be able to stored on the PS.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I like both. Furstenberg will make this team if for no other reason than to replace Dickson or Pitta next year without skipping a beat. I like his speed and hands and frankly if it wasnt for going through 6 QBs last year, hed like have been drafted.

Gaines has a lot of things to like. massive frame, long arms (36.75" longest in the draft), and most scouting reports say strength is one of his biggest weaknesses, which i trust our staff to be able to fix more than anything. I doubt he makes the team this year. A guy like Jack Cornell that the team was high on last year and has had that year of conditioning probably makes it over him but he should be able to stored on the PS.
    Predickson: Dickson will be traded during camp for a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    Predickson: Dickson will be traded during camp for a draft pick.
    No way. With Boldin gone the Ravens are not going to dump another guy who knows the offense, the speed of the NFL and has some rapport with Joe for what would likely be a 6th or 7th round pick. Cant see getting much more than that for him. He has more value to the Ravens than that. The last thing you want is for say Pitta to go down and now you have Furstenburg as your #1 as a rookie. I like the kid but not that much. Dickson is going nowhere

I like Furstenberg also and think he can be successful but the smart move is for him to be #3 on the TE depth chart and develop behind Dickson and Pitta.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing Furstenberg. I was glad we were able to land him.

Blog Entries

Furstenburg, Holley, and Gaines...

I think there is a lot of talent there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.