Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Eric DeCosta interview

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    "Went out of his way to say expects big things from Ed Dickson..."
    As I said in an earlier thread. not surprised with this..
    Could hint more two TE sets, i know Caldwell was not the playcaller in Indy but the influence is there and you saw it in the playoffs. That offense made a lot of #2 TE's productive, several that went other places and couldnt recreate that success.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Man, it's a testament to how much depth we're stockpiling that I keep forgetting about McAdoo and Hamilton...

I'd be very surprised if it was Collie. I loved that guy, but his concussion history really should just red flag him.

As far as OG or OT...Adam Snyder was just released recently by the Cardinals, started 27 games in the last two years between 49ers and Cards. Might be worth a consideration?
    No dude, Adam Snyder is AWFUL, AWFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I don't necessarily think Moeller is on the chopping block...Castillo is a more respected coach in the NFL due to his long tenure with the Eagles. His title does include "coordinator" in it. He may not be the OC, but you can bet he's basically Assistant OC here. In that manner of speaking, he'd be a senior staff member, whereas Moeller is a lower level staff.

We'll i didnt mean he was or would be fired, just demoted, technically

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Where is this stuff about Boldin having a lot drops coming from? The fact that he is no longer on the team? He had a semi down year in 2011, though still ended up in the top 10 I believe in catch rate, but had just 3 drops in 2010, and 2 in the regular season this past year, plus another in the post season.
    Here is the 2012 list of lowest drop rates according to PFF.

Rank Name Team Targets Catches Drops Catchable Drop Rate
    1 Jason Avant PHI 71 53 0 53 0
    2 Percy Harvin MIN 81 62 1 63 1.59
    3 DeSean Jackson PHI 75 46 1 47 2.13
    4 Mario Manningham SF 55 42 1 43 2.33
    5 Anquan Boldin BLT 108 65 2 67 2.99
    6 Danny Amendola SL 94 62 2 64 3.13
    7 Malcom Floyd SD 82 56 2 58 3.45
    8 Hakeem Nicks NYG 96 53 2 55 3.64
    9 Roddy White ATL 138 92 4 96 4.17
    10 Golden Tate SEA 65 45 2 47 4.26
    10 Brandon Stokley DEN 57 45 2 47 4.26

In my mind, seems like there were more than two drops during the regular season. But some of those may have been deemed uncatchable.

Blog Entries

Those numbers for Roddy White are insane. No one was even close to the amount of catches he made. To drop 4 and catch 92 is incredible. That guy is an underrated player.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Those numbers for Roddy White are insane. No one was even close to the amount of catches he made. To drop 4 and catch 92 is incredible. That guy is an underrated player.
    He really is, i believe he has the most amount of 3rd down catches in the last 5 yrs or so as well. He lines up everywhere, can beat you deep as well.

Blog Entries

This just confirms that we weren't far off. We were all basically right there.

Shaslers made a thread about who we'd take if we had to and listed about a half dozen prospects. We all wanted an option for trade back and still get someone, and that someone, for the most part, was either Matt Elam or Jonathan Cyprien. When you heard that they had two players in mind, you just knew it had to be those two. When you look at the tape, there was a single ILB prospect that should have been rated higher than either one.

On a side note, why is it that everyone thought that Dallas would take Elam, except Dallas. The Ravens were worried they would. Michael Irvin was mad they didn't. Dallas man........smh.

Right after the draft, I said that I thought the Ravens should have held tight in the second and taken Sio Moore. Sure enough, he was on their radar. However, Arthur Brown was a red star prospect. So, that separated the two.

The reasons they choose Elam over Cyprien were obvious. SEC and coaching staff familiarity broke the tie.

I wasn't sure if they were as serious about getting speed at ILB as posters here were, because they haven't been too serious about it in the past. That explains the pass on Minter. Otherwise, he is their type of player.

We all knew they wouldn't touch Te'o. You don't honestly believe Harbaugh's bullshit about shaking his head at a conversation do you?

We were really on the mark.

By the way, this marks the second consecutive year the Ravens have targeted the WR position in the mid rounds, only to see guys snatched up before their pick. Last year, I really think they wanted Chris Givens and DeCosta's post draft comments all but confirmed it for me.

As for Deonte Thompson, we all can see the guy can play. Dickson's issue is blocking and drops. Thompson's issue 'was' a numbers crunch, that no longer exists.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Eric Decosta (paraphrasing) "A failed drug test at the combine is a major red flag. Crimes against women, any type of spousal abuse is concerning".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Eric Decosta (paraphrasing) "A failed drug test at the combine is a major red flag. Crimes against women, any type of spousal abuse is concerning".
    I think he was citing two reasons why a player could come off a board and basically treated them the same.

He also added that pot smoking until recently was a big deal but now they pretty much ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Maybe we just got the answer on who the defensive lineman DeCosta was chasing "from the southwest."

They just signed K State DE Meshak Williams. Since K State is in the Big 12, I guess that fits.
    are you serious! Get Im, fell in love with this up watching Arthur brown he was constantly in the back field, couldn't get over him not being drafted. I made a thread about him about a month ago on another board. Stoked about this signing. Great pick up. I think he will make the 53

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    are you serious! Get Im, fell in love with this up watching Arthur brown he was constantly in the back field, couldn't get over him not being drafted. I made a thread about him about a month ago on another board. Stoked about this signing. Great pick up. I think he will make the 53
    He was the kid carted off on a stretcher at the Cotton Bowl after a helmet to helmet shot.

When I looked at him he was a guy who played with his hand in the dirt at K State but obviously isn't suited for that at the NFL level. He seemed to get too easily blocked against the run, but was pretty good rushing the passer and dropping into space.

Here is game film on him against TCU. I think you'll see examples of both. He looks best going after the QB, at 3:35 for instance.

Will be interesting to see where he fits behind Upshaw and Dumerville, competing for a spot with Simon, Hamilton, McAdoo.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Where's he going to line up? OLB? DE? We are pretty well stacked up across the board at those spots. I could see us carrying extra players at those positions than previous years, but we're still going to lose some guys along the way.

Assume Lewis-Moore goes to PUP/IR and isn't a factor. You still have:

NT
    Ngata
    B. Williams
    Tyson
    Hall
    Cody

DE
    Canty
    A. Jones
    Spears
    McPhee (moved to OLB?)

OLB
    Suggs
    Dumervil
    Upshaw
    Simon
    Hamilton
    McAdoo

I have to imagine that Ngata, Williams, Canty, Jones, Spears, McPhee, Suggs, Dumervil, Upshaw, and Simon are locks, barring injury. That's ten slots out of what, maybe 12-13? I'm figuring Cody is done here, but I could be wrong on that, as it seems that he and Tyson and Hall are all fighting for the same roster spot. So anyone who wants to hang on as DE5 or OLB5 is going to have to beat out Hamilton and McAdoo and justify getting a roster spot through ST play.