Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why I'll Never Move Back to MD

Re: Why I'll Never Move Back to MD

pathetic, truly pathetic....

Man...you'd be having a few extra Ravens fans at those Ravens bars/watch parties down there in Houston yesterday if it weren't for my wife's hesitation with moving.

I have a couple aunts and cousins down there begging me to move there...and I can't wait until the wife finally agrees...I can't fucking stand Maryland and it's insane taxes and complete over reliance on the state and federal job market. It's hard as hell to get a damn job here in the private sector because the state makes it so damn difficult on private businesses.

Now things like this...smh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Based off that article Id say Marylands case is a joke, but i think theres more to the story before making a judgment.

“Pinkerton shot Green once in the chest from 10 to 15 feet away, but Green continued to advance toward him, his wife Jessica and two friends who were at the house, [Peter] O’Neill (Pinkerton’s attorney) said. That’s when Pinkerton shot him again. He died at the scene."
    yet from another article...

members of the Anne Arundel County Police Department responded to 424 Arbor Drive, Glen Burnie, for a shooting. Upon arrival, officers found the victim deceased on the front porch of the residence.
    so was he inside or not when he "shot him and he advanced another 10-15 feet" before ending up on the porch? did they move him there or did he move there before collapsing or is that where he was shot?

Seems shady with the connection to his wife while he was away (certainly could be motive to pull the trigger quicker than if you didnt know him at all) but if the state doesnt have any evidence of such it shouldnt be charged. Id like to know how long he was there prior to the shooting. quite possible since she knew the guy that it was a "talk" gone bad situation or trying to convince her to leave him, which the article kind of points to. some reports said they invited him in and then told him to leave but this one says he was stalking them and waited for them to get home. totally different implications stalking vs being let in initially. Id just like to hear more about it before saying its obviously one way or the other. based on this article alone it seems pretty cut and dry.
    -JAB

Yeah, I found another article on it since my initial post.

If the reports are accurate, I still don't have an issue with the shooting. He was in his own home, the door was broken down, but for the guy kicking down the door, this incident doesn't happen. Nobody shows up to someones house unannounced at 2:30 in the morning looking to have a beer or two and shoot the shit.

As for him being on the porch, again, still ok with it. They had a conversation at the door, the guy closed the door and it was kicked in. He had the gun on him when he answered the door the first time and didn't shoot so I don't think he was simply out to kill the guy. Only after the door getting kicked in did the shooting take place. And, if you're properly trained, you're going to put two in the guy before he can cross the threshold.

That's where the story begins and ends, IMO. I am a firm believer in the Castle Doctrine. I don't care about the relationship side of this. Once that door gets kicked in, he should be room temperature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yeah, I found another article on it since my initial post.

If the reports are accurate, I still don't have an issue with the shooting. He was in his own, the door was broken down, but for the guy kicking down the door, this incident doesn't happen.

That's where the story begins and ends, IMO. I am a firm believer in the Castle Doctrine. I don't care about the relationship side of this. Once that door gets kicked in, he should be room temperature.
    I did not hear about the broken door (or missed that in your article)... id say thats good enough to warrant a bullet at the very least in the laws eyes. Still probably more to it than meets the eye from my point of view.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Yeah, as liberal as I am, I believe firmly in Castle Doctrine. With the way the evidence in the case looks, there is very little that seems to show that the homeowner took an aggresor stance towards the deceased. Seems like the deceased tried to get violent, the man took him down...If you attempt to enter someone else's home, rights waived.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This is complete BS! Too a fellow Airman....I've donated to help his legal fees.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I thought MD had castle doctrine laws?

In fact, I thought if you were going to shoot an intruder, better kill his ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

There is no case at all. I don't see why they are charging him. I'm doing the same thing if someone busts through my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Man...you'd be having a few extra Ravens fans at those Ravens bars/watch parties down there in Houston yesterday if it weren't for my wife's hesitation with moving.

I have a couple aunts and cousins down there begging me to move there...and I can't wait until the wife finally agrees...I can't fucking stand Maryland and it's insane taxes and complete over reliance on the state and federal job market. It's hard as hell to get a damn job here in the private sector because the state makes it so damn difficult on private businesses.

Now things like this...smh.
    This is a great town. Schools are amazing, real estate prices are insanely low, property taxes are manageable, no state income tax, jobs are plentiful, etc.

If you ever need me to convince your wife, feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I thought MD had castle doctrine laws?

In fact, I thought if you were going to shoot an intruder, better kill his ass.

I'll see if if I can find the article again, but there's a contradiction with two laws. There is a Castle Doctrine in MD but there's also a duty to retreat.

I am always suspect of Wiki but this seems to hit the nail on the head better than I can:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_o...astle_Doctrine