Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: This Board Did a Great Job Preparing for the NFL Draft.

Why am I not surprised this thread turned into yet another draft discussion thread ...

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    There's so much less of the screaming that you see on so many other boards!
    Half of us are because we left the Baltimore Sun's message board which had become an unmodified troll station.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why am I not surprised this thread turned into yet another draft discussion thread ...

LOL
    Lol...it's all we got until August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Yep, I also feel the same. learned a lot from others, to the point I felt good to hear Elam and especially Brown (as opposed to Te'o/Minter).
    Posters here gave me a good feel for what I was seeing, and who was falling

Thanks guys
    For what it's worth, a friend of mine, and former NFL player, who is now a sports agent, said there was a major tug of war in the Ravens draft room over Aurthur Brown. He is the agent of Sio Moore, who was drafted a few picks later by the Oakland Raiders. He said he was on the phone with Ravens personnel and they were divided on which linebacker to take. Ozzie broke the tie and went with Arthur. My friend swears that it was a big mistake and Sio will be the better player. I actually wanted and was ecstatic with Brown until he threw this buzz kill at me. I guess we will see.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    For what it's worth, a friend of mine, and former NFL player, who is now a sports agent, said there was a major tug of war in the Ravens draft room over Aurthur Brown. He is the agent of Sio Moore, who was drafted a few picks later by the Oakland Raiders. He said he was on the phone with Ravens personnel and they were divided on which linebacker to take. Ozzie broke the tie and went with Arthur. My friend swears that it was a big mistake and Sio will be the better player. I actually wanted and was ecstatic with Brown until he threw this buzz kill at me. I guess we will see.
    Of course an agent is going to talk up his guy. Higher draft pick = more money in agent's pockets.

Ozzie went on record to call Elam, Brown and Williams red star players which means all the decision makers agree that they possess all the "Raven" qualities.

Yes, I concur - it was great to see the discussions. Particularly as I don't really have much of a chance to follow college football, it's great to get a perspective on potential Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

LOL
    We're football junkies, man. We need our fix. We're excited as hell.

BTW HR, what do you think of that undrafted TE of Terps.

Think he can make the team?

BASEBALL HAS RUNNERS RUNNING AROUND THE BASES.

FOOTBALL HAS RUNNERS RUNNING INTO EACH OTHER.

BASEBALL HAS THE SUICIDE SQUEESE.

FOOTBALL HAS SUICIDE SQUADS.

BASEBALL HAS THE INFIELD FLY RULE.

FOOTBALL HAS THE HAIL MARY.

BASEBALL HAS EXTRA INNINGS.

FOOTBALL HAS SUDDEN DEATH.

GEORGE CARLIN ROUTINE.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It was a great experience, being on the board as the draft approached. Posters here did a very good job of identifying player styles and how they translated to the Ravens' offensive and defensive systems. We also did a great job of differentiating what we wanted the Ravens to add, from what the Ravens tend to want, and so forth.

We separated the head banging ILBs, from the speedy run around ILBs and the reliable, sound technique ILBs.

Posters didn't just look at a highlight reel or what they read from one site. Posters actually took time to watch the tape and it sparked interesting conversations about certain prospects.

Personally, I think we did a better job than some of the draft sites out there.

Hell most of us would probably do a better job then a lot of the TEAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Of course an agent is going to talk up his guy. Higher draft pick = more money in agent's pockets.

Ozzie went on record to call Elam, Brown and Williams red star players which means all the decision makers agree that they possess all the "Raven" qualities.
    I'm not sure I buy what Moore's agent said either. If the Ravens were deadlocked over which one to take, why did they move up to 57 past Houston and Denver to draft Brown? If they were split on both guys, a more Ozzie-like move would be to stand pat, not lose the extra draft picks and grab whichever of the two is still there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There are definitely some comparisons to be made for his size...

But, IMO, it is his quick feet that could turn him into an elite NT. Wilfork is fat as shit, but that dude's feet are stupid quick. Williams has quick feet like that.
    Vince Wilfork is the fat mother fucker you think you can run from, only for him to keep up with you for two blocks, before taking you down and beating your ass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    I too believe that Moore will become the better player.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

lk.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I'm not sure I buy what Moore's agent said either. If the Ravens were deadlocked over which one to take, why did they move up to 57 past Houston and Denver to draft Brown? If they were split on both guys, a more Ozzie-like move would be to stand pat, not lose the extra draft picks and grab whichever of the two is still there.
    Although I like Sio Moore, your reasoning makes sense. Unless, the Ravens were worried that both would be chosen before them. There were multiple teams interested in Brown. One might have got desperate and taken Moore. Even though Moore went where he did, it's not for Ozzie to chance.