Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Rookie Draft Pick Signings

Per AW, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Ricky Wagner and Aaron Mellete have signed deals with the Ravens.

Re: Ravens Rookie Draft Pick Signings

Marc Anthony has now agreed to terms.

Kyle Juszcyck has now agreed to terms.

Ryan Jensen has agreed to terms.

Blog Entries

Which leaves Simon, Williams, Brown & Elam. IIRC that's fairly SOP for the Ravens--they offer contracts & sign their picks from the bottom up.

Blog Entries
    I love the new CBA. No drama in rookie signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's soooo much nicer with the new slotted rookie wage scale!

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap11m
    Expect Ravens 6th round pick Ryan Jensen's new 4-yr contract to be worth $2.239M w/ a signing bonus of $78,680 and a 2013 Cap # of $425K

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap13m
    Expect Ravens 4th round pick Kyle Juszczyk's new 4-yr contract to be worth $2.461M w/ a signing bonus of $300,584 and a 2013 Cap # of $480K

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap15m
    Ravens 7th rd pick Aaron Mellette's new 4-yr deal will be same as Anthony's - $2.206M total; signing bonus of $45,896; 2013 Cap # of $417K

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap19m
    Expect Ravens 7th round pick Marc Anthony's new 4-yr contract to be worth $2.206M w/ a signing bonus of $45,896 and a 2013 Cap # of $417K

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap21m
    Expect Ravens 5th round pick Ricky Wagner's new 4-yr contract to be worth $2.305M w/ a signing bonus of $144,560 and a 2013 Cap # of $441K

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap24m
    Expect Ravens 6th round pick Karpon Lewis-Moore's new 4-yr contract to be worth $2.248M w/ a signing bonus of $88K and a 2013 Cap # of $427K
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I love the new CBA. No drama in rookie signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope the NFLPA doesn't get fed up with it and get rid of it in the next CBA. Just get a feeling they might go "we can make more money if we scrap this pool and slotting system"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I don't think the NFLPA will ever get sick of it because there were a lot of vets complaining about rookie contracts being outrageous, which they were.

Jamarcus Russell and Sam Bradford making as much or more money than proven commodities like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning...there were a lot of vets that didn't approve of that. Another reason is because ridiculous rookie contracts make it that much harder for teams to give big money to vets who may have earned it. Plus, I have to think that all of the players and teams like the fact that they have a system that can effectively get all of their rookies under contract and in camp on time.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I hope the NFLPA doesn't get fed up with it and get rid of it in the next CBA. Just get a feeling they might go "we can make more money if we scrap this pool and slotting system"
    Won't happen. Both sides love it.

Owners don't have to worry about overpaying unproven players, veterans get more money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Won't happen. Both sides love it.

Owners don't have to worry about overpaying unproven players, veterans get more money.
    Point taken. Also, now that drafted guys get 4 year deals, means the (almost) elimination of Restricted Free Agency, which is another things players didn't like.

Just seems to be so much simpler now. You get between X and Y, so why hold out if the difference is within a couple grand?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The veterans were all for it and they are the ones who influence the NFLPA. I think it's here to stay.