Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This Board Did a Great Job Preparing for the NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Nobody on any of the boards mentioned KJ, Simon,Wagner and Mellette as possibilities. I
    had no idea who they were but I'm glad we got them.
    We had a Fullback thread floating around here somewhere and Juszczyk was mentioned as a part of that discussion.

Braden Wilson was another guy at that spot who was discussed...he was drafted by the Chiefs in the 6th round. Lonnie Pryor was also in that mix...he went to Jacksonville as an undrafted free agent.

We were on the right track...versatility was widely valued. We were definitely looking for someone at that position who was more than a skull-cracker. I am happy that the Front Office was looking for the same thing.

I love Leach...he's one of my favorite players...but for as much as he's been able to take part in the passing game (36 catches over two seasons), he's left some yards out there on the field. I hope that we keep him around to mentor Juszczyk (unless it means us landing a legit LT), but I am glad that we have someone coming up who will do a little more than run out into the flat.
    Last edited by Doctor; 05-01-2013 at 01:31 AM.