Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: This Board Did a Great Job Preparing for the NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Nobody on any of the boards mentioned KJ, Simon,Wagner and Mellette as possibilities. I
    had no idea who they were but I'm glad we got them.
    We had a Fullback thread floating around here somewhere and Juszczyk was mentioned as a part of that discussion.

Braden Wilson was another guy at that spot who was discussed...he was drafted by the Chiefs in the 6th round. Lonnie Pryor was also in that mix...he went to Jacksonville as an undrafted free agent.

We were on the right track...versatility was widely valued. We were definitely looking for someone at that position who was more than a skull-cracker. I am happy that the Front Office was looking for the same thing.

I love Leach...he's one of my favorite players...but for as much as he's been able to take part in the passing game (36 catches over two seasons), he's left some yards out there on the field. I hope that we keep him around to mentor Juszczyk (unless it means us landing a legit LT), but I am glad that we have someone coming up who will do a little more than run out into the flat.
    Last edited by Doctor; 05-01-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Yea, but most of us wanted Cyprien over Elam who was clearly the Ravens man all along but
    we mentioned those two names early on and had no idea both would be there to chose from.

Nobody on any of the boards mentioned KJ, Simon,Wagner and Mellette as possibilities. I

The Draft Room thread at the top of the forum was great and gave more info than all
    the boards combined.
    KJ was talked about a lot ever since he had that performance in the Senior Bowl. Go back and look and you will find his name in several threads stretching back months.

Blog Entries

John Simon was also mentioned quite frequently. I had him as a 2nd/3rd round projection.

Blog Entries

Yea, but most of us wanted Cyprien over Elam who was clearly the Ravens man all along but
    we mentioned those two names early on and had no idea both would be there to chose from.

The Draft Room thread at the top of the forum was great and gave more info than all
    the boards combined.
    Actually, KJ, Simon, and Wagner were absolutely mentioned as mid-to-late round possibilities. In fact, I remember bmorecareful posting several items specific to Ricky Wagner.

Mellette was also discussed, but most of us agreed that Mellette's 2nd-4th round grade was a bit ambitious and none of us wanted to see him taken that high because of how he performed at the Senior Bowl (which wasn't great).

So, yea...all four of those guys were discussed in one fashion or another.

And in my last mock before the draft I had the Ravens going Elam up until I think the Monday before the draft and I switched it to Cyprien. Should have stayed with my gut. I'm not the only one who thought the Ravens would go either Elam or Cyprien. A lot of us did, including you IIRC.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    On topic, I was listening to a local sports radio show the other day and kept thinking just how little the radio guys actually know/knew about the draft. I found myself thinking that there were at least ten guys from this board who could host this show and be a lot more effective and knowledgeable.

I was listening to the radio yesterday afternoon and they had Charles Davis (from NFL Network) as a guest. They asked him about the Ravens draft and he then proceeded to tell us about how Brandon Williams will be good on the right side of the offensive line. That proves to me that several on here could be on NFL Network, let alone the local radio show. :respect

Blog Entries

I learned a ton about the potential Ravens' picks from this board. Kudos to everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I was listening to the radio yesterday afternoon and they had Charles Davis (from NFL Network) as a guest. They asked him about the Ravens draft and he then proceeded to tell us about how Brandon Williams will be good on the right side of the offensive line. That proves to me that several on here could be on NFL Network, let alone the local radio show. :respect
    Maybe he mistook him for Brennan Williams, the OT out of North Carolina?

Still though...what a "D'oh!" moment...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

the boards combined.
    KJ I had heard about partially from Ravens hosting him for a visit, partially on the board.

Mellette I only heard about on Twitter Saturday. Couple beat writers floated him as a potential UDFA because we had shown major interest.

Honestly couldn't recall any of the rest.

But the first 3 I definitely knew. I definitely credit this board with selling me on Arthur Brown. From the mock sites, all I could gather was he was being listed as OLB but could play ILB. People on here referred to him as the best LB in the draft. The rest shall be history.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    But the first 3 I definitely knew. I definitely credit this board with selling me on Arthur Brown. From the mock sites, all I could gather was he was being listed as OLB but could play ILB. People on here referred to him as the best LB in the draft. The rest shall be history.
    Agreed. This board sold me on Arthur Brown and Brandon Williams. So stoked we got both of them.

I offer a toast as well.

I have meant to thank Tony, the mods and the contributors since the beginning of FA through the draft. I crave local information because I am not nationally-minded. Frankly, this site is the main place I park to learn about players, football in general, contracts, and the process involved in all dealings in the NFL. Although I scan other places for a brief recap of things, when I am limited in time, I know I will find substance here. I am a fan. but look to this place for more and more information.

And as an aside, I have had the privilege to meet people through this site; which puts a face to a name when I read things here.

Again, thanks to all for the information to feed my appetite.
    Captain Offense

I come to this forum first thing every morning and return several times each day. Rarely visit any other football-related sites -- it's all here. Before discovering this forum my Ravens knowledge was at the bumbling idiot level. Now I've progressed to mere idiot. 'Nuff said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I come to this forum first thing every morning and return several times each day. Rarely visit any other football-related sites -- it's all here. Before discovering this forum my Ravens knowledge was at the bumbling idiot level. Now I've progressed to mere idiot. 'Nuff said.
    I totally agree; I stayed glued to this throughout the draft, never posted but stayed with the draft thread Thursday, Friday, and some Sat.

Great feedback from all. It's also my new way of watching the Ravens with the iPad on my lap following the game thread!