Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This Board Did a Great Job Preparing for the NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'd like to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back for Arthur brown, then get someone to slap me because I would have done all I can to jump ahead of some teams in the first to get hilm

That leads me to my next point, a lot of people here are good at rating players, giving accurate scouting reports, picking players that would suit us, what we an never get right is the draft picks and where payyers are rated. Maybe this was a harder draft than normal, but people had brown as a a first here, some as a second etc.

Elam some had him as a first others as a second, then take kasheem Greene, everyone had him as at least a second, I think he went in the fourth.

That's one side of the draft we will never get down, there is so many reaches, teams having payers valued differently etc that its gotten so hard to say, we need to take this guy in the first, or nah not the first hes going to be there in the second. It's gotten so hard to predict its kind of pointless.
    True. I remember couple years ago everybody (except BcRaven, who called Smith/Smith in the right order) thought Torrey would be a first round target. Same with Cody the year before. Nothing beats this board leading up to the draft. Most of us wouldn't know much of anything about potential prospects without it. Who needs ESPN, NFLN, etc when you got RSR!

Hard to say right now, but I think the Ravens nailed this draft. Not just the first 3 picks, but I would say the first 5 picks were absolutely solid. Can't wait to see it all unfold. The ravens have put together a string of great drafts over the last 6 years, even 2010 (the weakest of recent classes) got us our SB champion TE duo and Art Jones. We should be set up real nice to contend over the course of the next 5-6 years because of it. When you are paying a franchise QB what we are, you really need to draft well. And Ozzie and company are the best.

I concur. Learned a lot and enjoyed the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    True. I remember couple years ago everybody (except BcRaven, who called Smith/Smith in the right order) thought Torrey would be a first round target. Same with Cody the year before.
    With regards to Cody, not everybody. I thought he was a tub of lard and a bad pick. I also had said that whoever drafted Kindle would be making a mistake (I was right for the wrong reasons - I thought he was too much of an injury risk). Of course, I also thought Dickson was a steal and the best TE in the draft that year, so there you go.

On topic, I was listening to a local sports radio show the other day and kept thinking just how little the radio guys actually know/knew about the draft. I found myself thinking that there were at least ten guys from this board who could host this show and be a lot more effective and knowledgeable.

Blog Entries

Thank you Excellector for bringing this up. You are 100%. I love the analysis I read here and appreciate all the work that everyone put in. Great job

Blog Entries

This board is way more accurate when it comes to the Ravens than most draftniks out there if not all.

:word to this whole thread

It made it even more interesting when looking at other teams picks

There are a lot of smart and informed draft nerds here lol.

Good stuff from everybody.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I don't have time to watch much college ball so come draft time I just shut up and read this board. By the time the Ravens select I've got a decent idea of the value of the players available - thanks to you guys. I really appreciate your analysis and banter.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

AGREED! As much as I would love to watch tons of film, I don't really have the time. Reading the opinions that are offered on this board is the next best thing. So thanks to everyone who took time to study the draft prospects and post an educated evaluation!!!

Blog Entries
    It was a great experience. A lot of work productivity lost but it was worth it :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    That's one side of the draft we will never get down, there is so many reaches, teams having payers valued differently etc that its gotten so hard to say, we need to take this guy in the first, or nah not the first hes going to be there in the second. It's gotten so hard to predict its kind of pointless.
    The Ravens FO has the time & personnel to keep up with what all the other teams are doing, & because they know their FO personnel (having worked with, for, or against most of them), they understand how they plan & how they evaluate talent. That probably allowed them to cut down the huge number of draft possibilities to a much smaller set of probable and worst-case scenarios that they could plan for--& most anything else would be even more favorable. And with that in hand they could be very very serene about the whole process. (It's like a chess game--you don't have to plan your response to every move, just the ones that have some logic to them; your opponent's obviously pointless or stupid possibilities you can handle on the fly.)

But for a group of inspired amateurs without that experience or personal insight, our guys here did a damn fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It was a great experience. A lot of work productivity lost but it was worth it :)
    You said it man. There was so much good info and analysis flowing around here...my job definitely suffered!
    Thanks to everyone for making me smarter across the board, but particularly more savvy on evaluating guys at positions that I don't normally pay attention to like OG, C and SS.

Even when I actively or silently disagreed with folks, I always went back and re-watched the video to see why I was 180 out from someone, or why they were 180 out from me. I learned a lot and look forward to the process all over again, and incorporating what I've learned from others into my analyses.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver