Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    You say this every time yet it happens maybe five or six a year, maybe its easier to fail than you think?
    To get a four game suspension, it means you tested positive once before.

To fail that first test, you really do have to be stupid. It's an announced test, taking place a month or so before camp. All you have to do is quit 30 days or more before you have to go pee in the cup and you're fine.

Since he failed that one, he was placed on the random list. He has to submit to any and all random tests the league gives all year long.

It's not that hard to skirt the system yet, as you say, five or six players get popped every year.

So yes, you have to be stone stupid to fail once, let alone twice.

Re: Jags WR Blackmon suspended for 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It takes a special kind of moron to fail the weed test twice.

Honey Badger says he lost count after 10 failed tests in college.

Apparently his contract in Arizona will have mandatory drug testing Weekly from what I understand.

Dude could shock us all, but I find it hard to believe a leopard can change his spots that much.

10+ times?? SMH
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Awesome player but IIRC had a couple red flags pre-draft.
    DUI right before the draft and now this...wow.

Some guys just don't get it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Honey Badger says he lost count after 10 failed tests in college.

Apparently his contract in Arizona will have mandatory drug testing Weekly from what I understand.

Dude could shock us all, but I find it hard to believe a leopard can change his spots that much.

10+ times?? SMH
    If he even makes the team. SMH indeed.

Blog Entries

You say this every time yet it happens maybe five or six a year, maybe its easier to fail than you think?
    No it isnt.

Real simple: Dont smoke weed.

You know what doesnt fail drug tests? Beer.

If you want to mellow out with your boys, drink some beer and don't drive anywhere.

Blog Entries
    That's not the point of that question. Huston says its not hard to beat the weed tests every time someone fails, but maybe it is harder than he believes it to be. Obviously don't smoke is the easy answer, but that's not what Houston was saying made him the idiot, it was failing the test. I'm not sure why he thinks its so easy to pass the weed test, maybe he can elaborate a bit
    The tests are announced. As in...months ahead of time.

Of he wants to smoke, do it well in advance of the test so your system has enough time to cleanse itself (about 30 days).

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Of he wants to smoke, do it well in advance of the test so your system has enough time to cleanse itself (about 30 days).

Not only announced, but its the same time every year.

To fail that first test, you really do have to be stupid. It's an announced test, taking place a month or so before camp. All you have to do is quit 30 days or more before you have to go pee in the cup and you're fine.

Since he failed that one, he was placed on the random list. He has to submit to any and all random tests the league gives all year long.

It's not that hard to skirt the system yet, as you say, five or six players get popped every year.

Thanks for clearing that up, didnt know that but now I do, yes failing the first one is just idiotic. If your a weed smoker, take a step back, look at the situation, stop for one month a year, smoke for 11 is how I'd look at it because then you'd never have random tests so wouldn't need to worry.

Would that be right?

Blog Entries

Thanks for clearing that up, didnt know that but now I do, yes failing the first one is just idiotic. If your a weed smoker, take a step back, look at the situation, stop for one month a year, smoke for 11 is how I'd look at it because then you'd never have random tests so wouldn't need to worry.

Would that be right?
    No.

It really depends on your body type and metabolism. Someone like him could probably get away with smoking more often than say someone like Ngata because Blackmon has lower percentage of body fat. THC has been shown to attach itself to fatty cells, so that is why it really depends on your body type.

Generally speaking though, for a piss test (which lets say look at parts per million or micrograms per mL) there is a threshold. So, if the urine comes back with traces of THC, but it is under the threshold then it is listed as inconclusive (at least, this is how it was when I was in the Navy).

For Blackmon to have failed the test probably means that he smoked within days of the test.

I know guys who are super fit, run every day, and they have passed a pee test within 5 days of getting high. Their saying was "water and a week".

No.

It really depends on your body type and metabolism. Someone like him could probably get away with smoking more often than say someone like Ngata because Blackmon has lower percentage of body fat. THC has been shown to attach itself to fatty cells, so that is why it really depends on your body type.

Generally speaking though, for a piss test (which lets say look at parts per million or micrograms per mL) there is a threshold. So, if the urine comes back with traces of THC, but it is under the threshold then it is listed as inconclusive (at least, this is how it was when I was in the Navy).

For Blackmon to have failed the test probably means that he smoked within days of the test.

I know guys who are super fit, run every day, and they have passed a pee test within 5 days of getting high. Their saying was "water and a week".

Spot on.

When I was younger we had yearly drug tests at the job I worked, and the fit and/ or skinny guys would usually quit smoking a week before the test. Usually they would just drink as much water as humanly possible the day of the test and hold it in until they took their test. Because your urine becomes so diluted with water, the worst case scenario was usually "inconclusive."
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

The jags can now cut him w/o losing any guaranteed money.

Oz will get some junior to get stuck into his blackmon's tape in case he does anything else and gets released as a precaution hopefully.

Although he is a bloody good WR setting records and such they would be unlikely to cut him so soon.. But if he can't stay off it... ...due diligence n all that

Blog Entries

There is no way the Jags would cut him.

If they really don't want to deal with him, they should trade him. Even with garbage QB play, he was really good last year. In fact, it is probable that the Jags aren't going to do much better than they did last year, so if I were them I would completely entertain high draft picks next year for Blackmon.