Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2014 Mock Draft thread

WTF? I just read the 49ers have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next year?

Good news is that if the 49ers get a 3rd for Goldson, we should get a 3rd for Kruger considering Krugers contract averaged about 100k less per year.

I don't think we've ever quite gotten a 3rd round comp pick...that would be awesome if we can get one next year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    ... I don't think we've ever quite gotten a 3rd round comp pick...that would be awesome if we can get one next year.
    IIRC, we picked Cousins as a 3rd round comp pick...UGH ! ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IIRC, we picked Cousins as a 3rd round comp pick...UGH ! ... Bc
    You're right BC...and now I'm depressed lol.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Thanks alot Bc.............
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

5. Re: 2014 Mock Draft thread

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/2014-nfl-mock-draft

Bradley Roby CB Ohio State going here. Would be a start to another respectable draft if this happened.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind a CB either, I think our holes next season are going to be OT, WR, TE, CB.

Bryant McKinnie will be 34, and will be in the last year of his contract, he may be a cap casualty. Michael Oher is also a FA, so the logical move would be to draft a LT prospect and play him at RT, replacing Oher in his rookie year then get him to replace McKinnie and shift over to LT the year after.

Jacoby Jones is a FA after this year, and he can be upgraded anyway. We also may be facing the reality that none of our younger options steps up this season, so this may have to be addressed.

We have no TE currently under contract in 2014, I think Pitta will eventually be extended, but he's more of an Aaron Hernandez type player than he is an all around TE. If Dickson doesn't step up this year, there will be no point offering him anything, and we'll need to get out TE in the draft.

Corey Grahame is a FA after this year, and I expect him to price him self out of Baltimore with another solid season. In todays league you always need 3 decent CBs no matter what, so Grahame will have to be replaced, and most of our younger options are slot corners, we'll need a big outside corner.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 05-16-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't mind a CB either, I think our holes next season are going to be OT, WR, TE, CB.

Bryant McKinnie will be 34, and will be in the last year of his contract, he may be a cap casualty. Michael Oher is also a FA, so the logical move would be to draft a LT prospect and play him at RT, replacing Oher in his rookie year then get him to replace McKinnie and shift over to LT the year after.

Jacoby Jones is a FA after this year, and he can be upgraded anyway. We also may be facing the reality that none of our younger options steps up this season, so this may have to be addressed.

We have no TE currently under contract in 2014, I think Pitta will eventually be extended, but he's more of an Aaron Hernandez type player than he is an all around TE. If Dickson doesn't step up this year, there will be no point offering him anything, and we'll need to get out TE in the draft.

Corey Grahame is a FA after this year, and I expect him to price him self out of Baltimore with another solid season. In todays league you always need 3 decent CBs no matter what, so Grahame will have to be replaced, and most of our younger options are slot corners, we'll need a big outside corner.
    Why do you always put an e on graham

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why do you always put an e on graham
    Bad habit man I guess lol. It is Graham, idk why I do that.