Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Has Ray Lewis turned in his retirement paperwork and officially retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's said multiple times that he wants to watch his son play. He's done man. No way he wants to commit the time to playing.
    I agree with all of that. And I don't think he is coming back.

I was just hoping he doesn't pull the stuff that many other athletes have pulled before and renege on his retirement. I'd hate to see him be a punch line.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens had not won the SB last year, I could have seen him flip flopping on the retirement, but not after going out on top. Not just that, but I can't see the Ravens wanting him back, due to both cap and performance issues, and I don't see what team out there would want a guy who pretty clearly can't play anymore.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If the Ravens had not won the SB last year, I could have seen him flip flopping on the retirement, but not after going out on top. Not just that, but I can't see the Ravens wanting him back, due to both cap and performance issues, and I don't see what team out there would want a guy who pretty clearly can't play anymore.
    Yeah, I mean how many superstars get to cap their career off with a Super Bowl win? Not many, off the top of my head I think think of Jerome Bettis, John Elway, and Ray Lewis, but that's probably about it. I may be missing some of the older generation players. I think that's it's also interesting to note that Ray Lewis has the longest period of time between Super Bowl wins in NFL history.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Yeah, I mean how many superstars get to cap their career off with a Super Bowl win? Not many, off the top of my head I think think of Jerome Bettis, John Elway, and Ray Lewis, but that's probably about it. I may be missing some of the older generation players. I think that's it's also interesting to note that Ray Lewis has the longest period of time between Super Bowl wins in NFL history.
    Michael Strahan is the other big one.

Randy Cross ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Randy Cross ....
    As I had mentioned, in more recent time. I'm sure that if you looked at the entire 47 year history of the Super Bowl, you'll find some.

I forgot about Strahan though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    God, I hope he's not thinking about coming back.

He's my favorite all time Raven, but he got abused during the Super Bowl. He needs to go out gracefully.
    Agreed, but since we know it's not happening, it's fun to pretend it will and he will come back to win DPOY and win us another Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

When he told Joe Flacco that he (Flacco) would have to lead them to victory, I knew he was done.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When he told Joe Flacco that he (Flacco) would have to lead them to victory, I knew he was done.
    I don't think he said it like that...he said "it's your team now", figuratively passing the torch. The way you phrase it, makes it sound like he said "you're going to have to be the one to do it, i cant anymore".

But yeah, he's ready to move on. Just never filed the papers.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I hope this thread is a joke. The NFL is no country for old men and Ray Lewis was done two years ago. The greatest LB of his time but his time has passed.

Shhh.

Ravens are keeping him away from camp and out of the limelight on purpose. He's training in Nepal with R'as al Ghul and will return as a one man wrecking crew, running out of the tunnel and ripping Peyton's head off on opening day in one fluid movement.

It's all part of the plan so stop talking or you'll ruin it.

I could see a scenario if Ray's son is drafted by the Ravens, hmm coming back to the Ravens for symbolic game or as a coach.